Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i created a post for this, but i just thought i would put it here also to see if i can get any help.

i have xubuntu 7.10 installed on my ps3 and vlc is not installing i just keep getting errors. plus im new to linux, so it might just be user error.

thank you for reading this and for all you do on here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    once you backup a bluray using linux, it is saved to the space you have partitioned for linux, correct? if so how do you get the bluray file to play or transfer it to the ps3 Partitioned part of the PS3 hdd?

or is that even possible, YET? thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ar1260 View Post
    once you backup a bluray using linux, it is saved to the space you have partitioned for linux, correct? if so how do you get the bluray file to play or transfer it to the ps3 Partitioned part of the PS3 hdd?

or is that even possible, YET? thanks
    i think you have first to bring the backup in a ps3-playable format. if you just dump the content from the bd it will be some encrypted data. in the howto on the first page he first dumps it on the ps3 then encrypts it on the pc

with the final file (which should be playable by most media players) you can just copy it to your usb stick and watch it in xmb (correct me if i'm wrong).

i think the ps3-part of the hdd is XMB managed - so you can only copy something onto it via the XMB but i have not yet linux on my ps3 - maybe you can just mount the ps3-part and copy things into it.

-- rrzo

Maybe someone can help me. I used Partition Magic to format my external HD to EXT3. However, when I hook it up to YDL it is only Read-Only. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Registered User slowquicksilver's Avatar
    What way do you guys believe it the most efficient way to backup BD's, should i just use Linux, and install VLC or should i try to use SAK? I haven't really spent too much time looking in to SAK yet but before i start researching, what way do you think will be the most succsessful the first time? Should I just keep re-reading this thread / Guide and just go for it?

you don't need to convert vc1 files to play them on the ps3. You can mux them with stereo wma audio into a wmv container and it plays fantastically.

you should definetly use SAK then decrypt using AnyDVD HD, its the easiest method i think.

Reply To comprehensive-guide-blu-ray-back-up-decryption-via-ps3

I went through the guide and everything worked just fine. I would like to go over some key points to getting everything working smoothly.

1). This method does actually work. Thanks Hack2123!

2). The reason that you may be getting non english playback is because when you play the movies VLC doesn't support 7.1 however Nero Showtime does. They are still choppy. If you decide to put the movies back on the PS3 they will still be in spanish. I dont think the PS3 supports 7.1 for non blu-ray disk's eg - backups. So, If you want to backup movies make sure they are dubbed in 5.1 english and you shouldn't have a problem playing them.

3). Hack2123 was talking about how to split the files and put them on the PS3, this does work. I did it myself. I am working on a program to do it automatically and will submit a link to it here when completed. The header that he gave you will not work for the other split movies. You need the full header from the first split. My program will do this automatically unless the data isn't static.

Anyway's I hope this answers some questions for those of you who can't get this working correctly.

Hey all,

I know there hasn't been a post on here for a while, but I've just recently started to try this whole process... and am having massive troubles with it.

After a lot of heartache, I finally got the bluray to transfer from the ps3 to my external hard drive. I've also got Ext2FS working, and can see my image on there.

The problem now is that I'm having problems working with IsoBuster. I've used IsoBuster before, and know that it should be as simple as a drag and drop process, but I try that and get the error "Cannot read from the source file or disk". I then thought copying it to my laptop hard drive might help... but after it transferred I got the same result.

I tried mounting the image using Daemon Tools, but can't access anything in the image, with Windows complaining that it can't read it.

Could my problem possibly be fixed by data dumping to a .iso instead of .img (if that's even possible to do)? .iso files are the image files I'm used to using.

If not, what else can I try to get this working?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba7 View Post
    I tried mounting the image using Daemon Tools, but can't access anything in the image, with Windows complaining that it can't read it.
    Did you install UDF 2.5 drivers in XP ?

(Toshiba UDF 2.5 drivers for example ([Register or Login to view links]))

Sponsored Links
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News