Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Post Bypass Update Check for Windows 7 on PS3 v3.41 with LG5Tool

Sponsored Links
    I am aware that the tool has been posted before, but a lot of people are having problems getting this to work on Windows 7 64Bit, and probably Windows Vista 64Bit due to the missing mswinsck.ocx error. I saw bits and pieces of info regarding the problem on various topics scattered around in comments, so I thought of putting my solution in it's own topic for easy access. This tutorial/guide/info uses information taken from [Register or Login to view links]

Download LG5Tool: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=20198

If you can't open the above file you should get WinRAR, which can be found at [Register or Login to view links]

Download the mswinsck.ocx file, even if you already have a copy: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=21312

On Windows 7 I got this file to work by placing it in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder.

Open the start menu and type CMD.exe in the bottom search bar, it should find a program called "cmd" in the list. Right click the file and select "run as administrator".

Copy and paste (or type) the following command:
    cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Next, Copy and paste (or type) the following command:
    regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx

It should tell you that the file was successfully registered. You should now have no problems running the LG5Tool.

To use the L5Tool, simply run it, and click the start button. If Windows firewall ask you to block it, tell the firewall to allow the program access.

You should now see an IP address on the LG5Tool. Simply go to network connection settings on your PS3. When you are configuring the connection, make sure you select to use a proxy, and enter the IP shown on the LG5Tool. You shouldn't need to change the port number.

From time to time the IP address of the computer will probably change, so you may need to restart the LG5Tool and enter the new ip in your PS3's proxy settings again.

I'd like to keep this thread specific to users on PS3 Firmware v3.41 and using this tool ONLY. There is no real need to go off topic as this topic tells you everything you need to know to bypass the update check when running PS3 Firmware v3.41, which is what I think most jailbroken owners want to know.

Feel free to post comments if you are having any problems related to this tool (not any other bypass tools) and I will try to help you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Another excellent guide- Thanks SwordOfWar and +Rep, I will be sure to link people here now when they ask the same questions over and over each day.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nice guide sword.... i'm having a run time 5 error b4 this guide and after this guide. i have used logan5 in the past w/o a problem (on vista) on win 7 i get a runtime 5 error after i've connected to psn ... can you give more info on this error or how to correct this problem?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey guys, I wasn't sure if this was worthy of it's own tut but for anyone who needs to bypass fw update and then use PSNDM to capture files (like a demo package for ninja purposes ) simply get onto PSN using Logan's tool like you normally would.

In your PSNDM folder you must create a file called port.txt, and inside that file type 8080, the same port the lg5 tool uses. This way you use one set of settings for the ps3. Once you are logged onto psn, just click stop proxy on the lg5 tool, and start your PSNDM! File capture will happen as normal!

Sorry if this was obvious info that everyone knew already but I thought I would share, just in case.

Cheers!

when i try to download something from the store im getting error 80711008 why am i getting this error? Is any one elses getting this? I was able to download something from the store last night but tonight I cant. I am using this proxy too and on 3.41

just to let you know i got it working i had to recoonect without the proxy settings then with it checked and setup and then uncheck and now it working
    Last edited by mikewwfman316; 09-09-2010 at 12:51 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

As of right now, sony blocked this tool from working. Sorry everyone. I'll update this thread if/when a solution is found (and if I remember).

Hopefully there will be a solution soon or a way to update and keep our systems jailbroken.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News