Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here's the installer to install this as a service and run it.

The installer installs the PS3NoUpdate by DC740 as a service in XP.

It will autodetect your IP address, as long as
    1) its in the 192.168.x.x range.
    2) You only have one IP one the system in the 192.168.x.x range.

It will install the service "PS3NoUpdate" set it to Auto.

Do Not change folder, Its harcoded to the service.

After the install completes. Change the update.txt in C:\Ps3NoUp\Up folder to reflect your region. By default it installs the US 3.15 file. There should be no need to restart the service.

Credits:
    DC740 for the application
    Jabberosx for creating the service and installer.

Faq:
    Q. I installed. But I see no Icon.
    A. There is no icon. This is installed as a service. You open command prompt and type
    "Net stop PS3NoUpdate" To stop the service
    "Net start PS3NoUpdate" To start the service

Q. I installed it to C:\Program Files. It is not working.
    A. The service setting and the app require the app to be installed to C:\PS3Noup Folder. It will not work in any other location.

Q. I have an IP address of which is not 192.168.x.x e.g. 10.0.1.x. What to do.
    A. You will manually need to edit C:\PS3NoUp\ps3.update.playstation.net.db in notepad. And add this line at the very end, without the Quotes. %IP% is the IP address of the machine you installed this as a service.
    "* IN A %IP%"

Q. What version of Java/JRE do i need.
    A. This was tested successfully to run with Jre6. Specifically 1.6.0_12. It will NOT run with v.5. It failed in tests. You need Java 6.

Q. how do i know its running.
    A. Go to [Register or Login to view links] in your browser. If it displays text its running the HTTP successfully. In command prompt enter "nslookup us.ps3.update.playstation.net 127.0.0.1"

If it displays your IP address it is running fine.

Q. How to uninstall the app + Service.
    A. In command prompt, type in and hit Enter "SC delete PS3NoUpdate". And delete the C:\PS3NoUp folder.

Hopefully this covers everything. Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kkingboy View Post
    this is what i get when i run the bat file from dos.

[Register or Login to view code]

hope it helps..
    Yes.. you already have something else running on port 80. Check your services.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up Nice update to great and simple tool ...

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jabberosx View Post
    Here's the installer to install this as a service and run it.

The installer installs the PS3NoUpdate by DC740 as a service in XP.

Hopefully this covers everything. Enjoy.
    I certainly DO enjoy it and thanks +REP to you! Also - for those who prefer not to use DOS / command promt to Stop / (Re-)Start the service simply use the Services in your control panel or just type services.msc in the run box at Start Menu The Service is called PS3NoUpdate and you can also change it's status from Automatic to Manual or dissable it completely.

As there is no "uninstall" option all you need to do really would be to remove the new key from registry but maybe the nice small BAT or CMD file to do so and "clean up" could be included as well.

Also - for those lazy enough to create / edit your own update file (or not knowing HOW to do so) I've included bellow the UK version of the file. Somebody with tested Japan version can post their here to to cater for most comon PS3 regions around here and the package would be almost complete

Good job jabberosx & DC740!

thanks for the new features!

by the way... there MUST be a way to get the path without hardcoding it.

the original post should be updated again. the attachments should be deleted. and two files should be added: ps3noupdate3.0.zip which has the universal application (no OS restrictions) and PS3NoUp.rar which has the windows version to run it as a service

Thanks Homer

I couldnt edit my FAQ post. But..

Q. How to uninstall the app + Service.
    A. In command prompt, type in and hit Enter "SC delete PS3NoUpdate". And delete the C:\PS3NoUp folder.

Also, though from command prompt the app works fine with long file names. In Services it was acting weird. So would need more testing. As such currently the hardcoded app does all it does. If DC740 adds more functionality. We'll test it again and and rebuild the package.

For Linux users. I was running ushare. I uninstalled it. Had the janitor clean up. Ran DC setup steps and reinstalled ushare and now it's all functioning!

Thanks again to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by jabberosx View Post
    I couldnt edit my FAQ post. But..
    I added it to the bottom of the FAQ posted above.

Thumbs Up

I was reading my latest post.. when I realized that I totally forgot to add the attachments

I talked about the latest changes but I didn't add the application so here it goes.

this is the latest version, with the included UK.txt, and everything else I mentioned a few posts ago.

It doesn't include the installer that adds the application as a windows service. you have to download jabberosx file if you need that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by dc740 View Post
    this is the latest version, with the included UK.txt, and everything else I mentioned a few posts ago.

It doesn't include the installer that adds the application as a windows service. you have to download jabberosx file if you need that feature.
    OK, I updated the link in the first post with it, and I also will post a Site News article on this application so that others can check it out if they wish. +Rep dc740!

please help im getting DNS ERROR 80710102

i can open localhost adress thru my PC (i'm using windows XP x32)

I disabled PS3 proxy options on my ps3 and turned off my fire wall!

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News