Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Copying PS1 Saves??

Sponsored Links
    Didnt know where to put this so I guess it goes here...

Is there any homebrew apps that will let me FTP a PS1 save from a PS1 memorycard to my comp, and have it compatible w/ emulators?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm not totally sure, but I really don't think that is possible. I heard somewhere that someone tried ftping ps2 saves from ps2 to pc and vice versa. The data became corrupted during the process. Hope this helps ya some!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well I would try FTPing a save, but the PS1 memory card dosent show up. I kno gameshark used to make that SharkPort or w\e it was called... so it has to be possible to some extent.

can the ps2 NA utility disc move ps1 saves to the hdd?

you can always get a dex drive.

if you copy ps1 save in to ps2 memory card then use ExecFTPs (and connect to it using for eg. filezilla on pc) you hafe full access to data stored on memory card, then just copy file to your hard drive and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by kejtu
    if you copy ps1 save in to ps2 memory card then use ExecFTPs (and connect to it using for eg. filezilla on pc) you hafe full access to data stored on memory card, then just copy file to your hard drive and that's all.
    Thanks alot! I never even thought about doing that. Now how can I make it work w/ ePSXe or something?

Through the wonders of Google, I thus resurrect this forgotten thread with USEFUL INFORMATION! All of this is using LaunchELF.

Copying from the PS2 HDD to the MC or a Flash drive works perfectly fine. You can even reverse the process for simple storage.

However, if you've got a Sony HDD, the files will not show in the PS2 Browser if you just do a direct copy. You have to copy the file first from the Flash drive to a proper MC (PS2 games to PS2 Card, PSX Games to PSX Card) then use the PS2 Browser to copy to the HDD. *shrug*

PSX Games seem to store themselves on the Sony HDD as a folder with a single file inside. If you're using LaunchELF to restore a PSX game save, you need to copy ONLY the file. Copying the folder will not work.

Once the file is on your PC (Via FTP/Flash/What-have-you) you can use a tool to convert the RAW data into something usable by Emulators and likely vice-versa. Said tool shouldn't be difficult to find.

Hope this helps whoever!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News