Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

ps2 modding questions

Sponsored Links
    hi everyone i dont know if this is the right forum to put this in but im new to the whole ps2 modding scene i had a modded ps1, but didnt really want to get my ps2 modded... but since i have 2 now (1 old and 1 slim) ive decided to mod my old ps2.

i was wondering what chip should i have installed in my ps2? also how do you burn games? is there a burning/ripping software? do i use a dvd burner? also where can i get my ps2 modded in the area i live in?? SAN FRANCISCO/BAY AREA.. once again sorry for the dumb questions im new to this.

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    Matrix infinity or the dms4 lite or pro modchip as these two chips are really good and are upgradable via firmware you burn onto cd.If you are planning to burn ps2 dvd-rom games you will need a dvd burner,get a dual layer dvd burner as they are good priced now.

You can use Dvd decrypter v 3.5.4.0 (freeware) some sites may still have it as it`s website has shut down,also nero burning rom 6 v6.6.0.16 which you can get a trial version full featured to use for 30 days,and also Alcohol 120% can be gotten as a trial version,just google around.

You`ll just have to check in your area for a modchip installer,check out electronic shops that repair tv`s,stereo`s,computers,they might be able to put the modchip in for you.And welcome to PS3News.COM and enjoy the forums as much as we do.Hope info helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what type of burner should i get and what software and what type of discs do i use??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by lbautista23
    what type of burner should i get
    There are several good quality DVD recorders available. Pioneer and NEC seem to be the best brands in my opinion, and the latest models of each can record both DVD-R DL (DVD-R9) and DVD+R DL (DVD+R9) discs.
    … and what software
    [Register or Login to view links] is a must-have. [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] are also good ones to have.
    … and what type of discs do i use??
    This is the question that just kills the new users, and even some who have been here a while. It is imperative that you find good quality DVD±Rs that your particular PS2 ODD (optical disc drive) can read with a transfer rate that's comparable to original discs. Good brands to try out are Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, Prodisc, Fujifilm, Sony, TDK, Ricoh, and Maxell. Also, try both the "dash" and "plus" formats of these brands. Find the certain brand and format combination that gives the best game backup success, i.e. the least stuttering, freezing, BSODs (black screens of death), and RSODs (red screens of death… the infamous screens that read, "Please insert a PlayStation® or PlayStation® 2 format disc.").

Oh, and one more thing, if you end up having to rebuild every frickin' game you try and copy, that's a sign that either your media or your laser sucks.

do i need to dvd drives to burn a ps2 game directly???because i have a cdrw and a dvd burner....i only have dvd-r 4.7gb..what do i have to do??

do i need to dvd drives to burn a ps2 game directly???because i have a cdrw and a dvd burner....i only have dvd-r 4.7gb..what do i have to do??
    You know, we have a PS2 DVD Back-Up Tutorials sticky thread that explains it rather well.

Wink

Yes if you plan to burn directly you will need two dvd drives or at least a cd/dvd combo drive which burns only cd`s but reads dvd`s only and you can burn directly to your dvd burner from this combo drive,or just a cd/dvd-rom drive (reader only) and you can burn directly to your dvd writer also this way.

But the safest way is to make a image file (like a iso image file) to your pc`s hdd with your dvd writer that you have now and then just burn that image file directly back onto a dvd-/+r disc by using your fav. burning software.Check out Rook`s post above as these burning softwares mention are good,and you can check out info on how to use then in the PS2 DVD Back-Up Tutorials sticky in this forum.Happy burning!!

Sorry about the posting Rook... wasn`t any reply when i started, if you like i can nuke the post above.

would i need to shrink the game file? like with dvds, or just burn? cuz im using a 4.7gb disc.

would i need to shrink the game file? like with dvds, or just burn? cuz im using a 4.7gb disc.
    As you can see from the Official PS2 DVD TOC List, most PS2 games are DVD-5s (single layer "4.7 GB" DVD), so doing a direct copy is the way to go. For the DVD-9 games, there is almost always a way to "rip" them down so they will fit. Search around the board for more information on this.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News