Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Confused HI all, new member here need help PS2

Sponsored Links
    i just bought a PS2 yes yes i know i'm an oldschool cat, i just actually moved up from Beta to VHS too hahahha jokes , anyways i went into the System Configuration for the PS2 and noticed i can change some options and was wondering which is the best set up for the sys as far as these things

System Config

Driver

Disc Speed - Fast or STandard ?
    Texture Mapping - Smooth or Standard ?

Console

Diagnosis - ON or Off (what is this ?)

Screen Size

4:3, Full or 16:9

what is all this, does it make the system run any different with certain games or TV's etc

help a oldschool cat

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Hi cronicalcaholic and welcome to PS3News.COM...

Here are some explainations on these functions.

1. Disc speed standard normally select this position. Fast is to shorten loading times but may not always work in that manner.
    2. Texture mapping this is meant for psx game as it makes the graphics smoother by choosing smooth but doesn`t always work that good as i use standard and it seems to work fine,but smooth takes out some of the rough edges you see in psx games.
    3. Diagnosis when on just makes it so the best possible loading and settings for that game are achieved,but will return to default everytime you start the console,but having it off also loads the media well so there really isn`t much of a differance on some games.
    4. Screen size.
    16:9 use this option when you have a wide screen tv.
    4:3 Letter box this will live a margin on the top and bottom of your screen which is kinda like a wide screen on a non wide screen tv.
    4:3 Pan scan (which is full setting) will automatically adjust to the height of the screen,but will cut a little off the right and left side of the screen which it really doesn`t as most standard tv it doesn`t go beyond the edge of the screen from the right or left.
    5. System configuration is were all these settings are by pressing the triangle button and when you press the x button you go into like clock setting,component video setting,screen size setting which i use the full setting as i have a standard tv to fill the whole screen,and there are a few other settings as well.
    6. Driver, this is were your disc speed and texture mapping settings are in which can be set and also shows what playstation driver version you have in your ps2.

Hope this helps and enjoy the forums!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thank you very much sir, and if anyone collects 12" vinyl let me know i will extend a great discount to anyone on this site, thansk again and i will return to enjoy this community.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News