Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation Cogswap gone wrong... cd tray slow

Sponsored Links
    Ok i was doing cogswap as usual when i was pulling the white thing back to the left to lock the tray in again, i think i miight have hoooked another piece in the drive by accident. well the drive seemed to be jammed and couldnt open, so i pulled the drive out a little and kept playing with the eject button and applied a little force.

well eventually the drive ejected, and it reads discs perfectly still. The only thing that is wrong is that the drive ejects half as fast as it should and makes a little noise when ejecting and going back in. I told my friend about this but left out the part about the cogswap, blaming this on a faulty game and he said my drive will eventually stop working. My question is there any way to fix it myself, or do you guys know whats wrong?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    get a flip top case....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Make sure and check that the tray hasn`t come off it`s tracks as this can cause the tray to open and close more slower.

dam.... i was afraid of opening my ps2.. even though i dont have warrenty still lol, cuz around where i live chubby ps2s are hard as hell to find, so if i mess up...., will my drive eventually stop working or was that kid just messing with me?

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News