Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Matrix Infinity on SCPH-70011 Woes :(

Sponsored Links
    Ahoy ahoy,

First time poster, long time reader of the site.

Maybe someone can help me out to a little problem I'm having with this modded PS2. Contains the Maxtrix Infinity Mod chip with I believe to be also summ0ne's Fix v2.0 with the 1.8 Kohms on the Rst, aka tracking.

Obviously this was given to me in a trade long story short.

It played well for a week, tossed everything it ran under the 1.39 firmware. Then was reading the site about the 1.54 firmware, that supported multi PSX swap and DVD DL's I decided to update it all went nice.

Then after a few hours say 2-3 of playing Gundam True Odyssey, the console just frozed like a bat out of hell. I figured i'd restart it, still no go. All I heard where quick seek spin up and spin down times then it stopped with the Error Reading Disc message.

To sum it up in short the lens only picks up cd-r's of PS1 PS2, music. Doesnt give a flying crap about a dvd when inserted lol. I looked at the chip ran the multi meter down the line the resistor is functioning.

So I'm either at A. A busted lens, or B the chip is simply on its way out.

Appreciate any help I can get.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry to say, but for sure your laser is dead.. replace the laser with a 802pvr laser and perform the fix and you can play again.

grtz,
    mabcom

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Or you have a clone matrix infinity modchip and when you update the newer firmware and if the chip is a clone it will basically kill it as this is what the newer firmware will do to a matrix infinity clone.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry all if a noob question, but matrix is modechip free source code like x-box mods? If yes,anyone know about how can I find a source code of matrix modechip for ps2?

Since now Thanx

it sounds like the laser has become unaligned becase it still reads cd-r's you might only need to ajust it

Quote Originally Posted by Hoe
    Sorry all if a noob question, but matrix is modechip free source code like x-box mods? If yes,anyone know about how can I find a source code of matrix modechip for ps2?

Since now Thanx
    Totally different from Xbox. Its not open source.

Wink

Does it have the PVR-802W laser in it,and if it is these lasers were not very good,and if you have to replace it get the KHN-430 laser which is made by sony themselfs and it a much better laser than the PVR-802W laser. You can adjust the dvd pot which is on the bottomside of your laser and the one closest to the laser lens is the cd pot and the one that is further out to the edge of the laser assembly is the dvd pot.

But if adjusting mark it with a marker so you will know were you started from. Only adjust it a little at a time and try it to see if your dvd media will load,if not adjust more and so on,if this doesn`t help at all then your laser most likely will have to be replaced.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News