Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question V9 DVD question after Romeo Mod

Sponsored Links
    I did the mod but had a beast of a time with it. When I pushed the pin to the right to get it off the pad it got stuck to the pin next to it... I went to town on it with a desoldering braid and eventually got it free and lifted. I attached a wire and connected it to the 5v point and thought all was well. When I turn the system on I get a couple weak clicking noises, the eye lights up for a sec, moves up and down once or twice and that's it. Discs don't spin and the eject button doesn't spit the drawer out.

The light flashes as if it is going to open, but never does. The pins next to the one I lifted (yes, I lifted the correct pin, 3rd up from the bottom on the right side) seem to be unbent/undamaged and still connected to the pad on the mobo. There doesn't appear to be any bonding of solder between any of the pins either. Can anyone help me out here and tell me what I could do to fix this or tell me what might be causing this to happen?

Sponsored Links

PS3 Directions Buttons

Sponsored Links
    That pin #17 of the LA chip cannot not be soldered to the motherboard at all,not connected to the pad at all if you are doing the romeo mod,that pin must be unsoldered and bent up and away from the pad and then a wire soldered to it and no solder can hang down onto the pad as this would defeat the purpose of connecting it to a 5v power point.

This may be giving you the problem you are having,and you cannot overheat that area to much with the soldering iron or you could damage the chip itself and then it wouldn`t be fun changing the whole LA chip out if it did that from being overheated to long.Here is a pic with some info.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's definately not touching the pad it's lifted way off the pad. However the whole too much heat thing might be the issue... any way to test it? Via a multimeter? If so how? Please provide setting and pics if possible...

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News