Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Xbox 360 games to be costly

Sponsored Links
    From [Register or Login to view links] :

It seems that 44.99 is the suggested retail price (SRP) for Xbox 360 games. Microsoft today confirmed that the standard edition of its forthcoming title Perfect Dark Zero will sport the higher-than-normal price tag - effectively signalling its intention to hike up game prices for the start of the next generation.

Microsoft also confirmed today that the SRP of the Limited Edition two-disc version would cost 49.99.

A poll of retailers revealed that even the most competitive stores will be charging around 39.99 for standard Xbox 360 games - much more than gamers are currently paying.
    Advertisement

Historically speaking, SRP on console games is about 5 more than you can expect to pay if you shop around. The full SRP on current generation console games is around 39.99, although 34.99 tends to be the most common launch price in-store. However, an aggressive summer price war recently drove prices down to around 29.99 - or even lower in some cases.

That's not happening with Xbox 360 though, at least not ahead of launch, with most retailers stocking the likes of Perfect Dark Zero (standard edition) and Kameo: Elements of Power for 39.99 - presumably representing the standard discount - and 44.99 in other cases.

Worryingly, a number of third-party titles cost even more. The same retailers asking for 39.99 for PD Zero and Kameo want 44.99 for Ubisoft's multiformat titles King Kong and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, while others are charging as much as 49.99. Likewise Call of Duty 2 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

In other words, you're going to be hard-pressed to buy an Xbox 360 game without spending 40, and probably 45 in many cases.

Hypothetically speaking, then, you might be faced with this choice: spend 29.99 or 34.99 on the Xbox version of a new multiformat game, like King Kong, or pay 49.99 to play it on Xbox 360. The difference? On Xbox 360 it'll probably contribute to your Gamerscore, and it'll probably have high definition video modes. The Xbox version would offer those too, of course, except European Xbox 1s don't allow users to access the high definition video options. YAY THE FUTURE.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Bleh, can someone Americanize that piece? I'm way too lazy this morning to convert that to USD...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    44.99 = $82.70

Yikes... that is a bit costly imagine cdn funds,hope they don`t stay high to long after the next gen. consoles are out.

Quote Originally Posted by mariotrev
    44.99 = $82.70
    God Damn these next gen prices suck

Yea, there going to be $98.30 CAD for me, not that im going to buy any though, dont plan on even looking into anything next - gen until a mod option is available.

wow i'm having second thought of getting a nex gen console

Holy crap!!! Well I guess my PS2 is gonna see alot more of me than I thought lol. What are these people thinking??

What were they thinking?

That people are so into new technology and the next gen games that we will pay ANYTHING for the hardware and the games. :stickpoke Since I don't want to buy a system that can't be modded or is backwardly compatable, I won't be paying the insane prices for a 360 or the games for some time.

Actually it seems more like $59.99 for 3rd party titles while Mircrosoft published or developed games would cost only $49.99 read it [Register or Login to view links].

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News