Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: CD image to DVD

Sponsored Links

CD image to DVD

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys I found the tutorial which describes how to burn cd images onto a dvd-r however I'm not sure what exact type of data to drag and drop onto the disc layout?

Do I have to extract the iso first? Then scan all the files using sonix dvdscan? And then drag those scanned extracted files onto the disc layout? Or can I simply extract the data from the iso and drag it on without scanning them and patching them?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by viiigriever
    Do I have to extract the iso first? Then scan all the files using sonix dvdscan? And then drag those scanned extracted files onto the disc layout? Or can I simply extract the data from the iso and drag it on without scanning them and patching them?
    Really, it depends on the game. Some games will have media checks that ensure that the game is running from a CD-ROM. Most games do not have these checks, so most games can have the extracted files dragged over into the Nero compilation or Sony CD/DVD-ROM Generator compilation without any scanning. On the other hand, scanning the files and patching them to run from DVD-R doesn't cause any ill side-effects as far as I know.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok thanks for the reply. Last night I extracted the files from the bin using IsoBuster and dragged them onto the nero window using DVD ISO/USF (whatever it says in the tutorial) and I got yet another coaster.

I'll give it a go scanning the files first.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News