Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Confused Question for the Burning/and CD brands

Sponsored Links
    Does the game loading and playing, is affected by what type of CD "DVD-R & CD-R cd's? i know it isnt much detailed, but i bought a 25 DVD case of Memorex
    and so i ask if this is a good brand or have i done bad? Because i used DVD encrypter to dump around 4.93GB GTA:3 to Iso then burned, and stared fine with Swapmagic 3.6 thanks you guy's for the help on the previous post and also ihack!

Well while i was playing the first mission, and you go up the hills which you see in GTA-SA throught a Gameshark/CB/Codebreaker. Well anyways, the biulding looks smooth, like a normal 3D cube. no bumb's ect.. then after a while it becomes more detailed with depth and definition not making it a 3D cube anymore, but also when driving, the "ground" becomes transparent then it gaved me an Error" Error Reading GTA 3 DVD" then after a bit, it goers back to normal...

Would this be that im using a bad dvd brand?

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would think so, you cant go by brands because the same brand can be made with different organic dyes in the recording layre. The better (or worse) the dye is will directly relate to the ability for your PS2's cd/dvd ROM drive to read them. Cheaper dye is usually less reflective and even if the laser can read them, it will wear it out faster then pressed originals and even higher quality -r's.

Memorx can have (afaik) either Prodisc3 or CMC MAG. If their Prodisc3 then you shoudlnt have a problem as I have burns on some memorex that have that dye on them from over a year ago and they work great. Now CMC MAG on the other hand is supposedly less quality.

Its not to hard to find out what you've got, im not sure but I think nero can find media ID codes and I know DVDinfoPRO can find them. Dont be fooled though, when you hear the word cheap media. Theres cheap media (crappy, lousy sucess rate) and then theres superior medai at a bargin (which some people say cheap meaning in price not quality). For instance I bought a 100 pk of Ritek Ridata 8x GO5 and they are IMO some of the best media out there, I've never had a failed burn and they are listed as second class media (although I think they perform well enough to be in the 1st class list).

[Register or Login to view links]

That should clear some things up for you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would say so. I've experienced similar problems with bad media. But I've nevered used Memorex so I don't know how good/bad they are.

I prefer to use Ritek G04's. Works well with PS2 and XBOX. Of course Taiyo Yuden's are also great.

In most cases you have to check the media code for the disc. This will tell you who made the disc. I've always trusted the Maxell discs. Their 4x discs were either Ritek G04s or Taiyo Yudens.

That's been my experience. Hope that helps.

Wow thanks guy's but doesnt it also deppends on the TOC thing? I was reading about it, but im still confused on why this is i got God of War original game, and from the list, it has the biggest TOC than any other game i have.

Quote Originally Posted by yiffboy
    Wow thanks guy's but doesnt it also deppends on the TOC thing? I was reading about it, but im still confused on why this is i got God of War original game, and from the list, it has the biggest TOC than any other game i have.
    This god of war game is a DVD-9 Disc (Dual Layer) and cannot not be used as a TOC refresh disc for DVD-5 Disc (Single Layer).You have to use a original ps2 dvd-rom game-DVD-5 Disc as the TOC like devil may cry which is 4.37GB in size.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight
    This god of war game is a DVD-9 Disc (Dual Layer) and cannot not be used as a TOC refresh disc for DVD-5 Disc (Single Lay may cry which is 4.37GB in size.
    So wait, the TOC is like adding move space to the ps2 loading, like a memory card, if you have file, you need a bigger holder 200 sounds good.

So if ithe game that i have burned, since i made a copy of GTA-3 my own dump and all, also i got hte game. Its for example 4.93 and i use devil may cry. Would the loading of textures and all, be slower? or what?

Is it like i have explaing in the top, if the size of the game you're trying to run is irregular to the TOC (Swapmagic or the TOC refresh game you used) of that game/cd its smaller, it will give you bad results? im still lost on what does TOC do for you and the whole useage.

Wink

GTA-3 wouldn`t be that big in actaully size as you cannot usually get correct sizes from burning software if this is were you are getting that size of 4.93GB i`m assuming,you have to put it in your pc`s drive alone to get the correct size.

Check out [Register or Login to view links] as this game is a dvd-5 and requires a cdloader to load this game which will be shown which one to use on this site.

The TOC (table of contents) is to make the ps2 think it is going to play a original ps2 game and this is why it is good to use a game which is 4.37GB in size like a original devil may cry game Because your backup can not exceed your SM disc which is 4.35GB in size and when your backup exceeds this size it can make your game choppy and skip and even freeze.Hope info helps.

GTA-3 wouldn`t be that big in actaully size as you cannot usually get correct sizes from burning software if this is were you are getting that size of 4.93GB i`m assuming,you have to put it in your pc`s drive alone to get the correct size.

Check out [Register or Login to view links] as this game is a dvd-5 and requires a cdloader to load this game which will be shown which one to use on this site.
    Well i did used a cdloader the one that comes witht swapmagic.. So er. the iso when i ripped it, was about 4.93 or maybe a lil bit less, .53.. ect. but whats the TOC for though X.x would it help or something? because when the game is trying to calculate the digits to place the texture/load in its correct place, it will give you unneeded errors.

Smile

The game does not have to be ripped,all that has to be done is make a iso image file or nero image file or whatever burning software you are using make a image to your pc`s hdd and burn that image directly back to your dvd media and it should work,but in this case this game requires a cd or dvd loader (same thing basically) to load it.

But the loader on swapmagic might not load this game by itself and might require this extra seperate cd or dvd loader to get this game loaded as indicated on the swapmagicfix site,did you try using a original large size in GB`s ps2 dvd-rom game as a TOC refresh,your SM disc should have this feature either on the SM cd version or some might be on the SM dvd version.

When SM loads to the menu press the eject button on your ps2 and tray will open and a prompt will appear asking you to insert a bigger TOC disc,then put in your original ps2 dvd-rom game big in size GB`s and press eject button again to close the tray and you should see it say Refresh TOC and once it loads back to the menu you will see in smaller printing "put in your own program disc",then just open up fliptop or use slidecard tool to swap out your ps2 dvd-romn game and put in your backup and press x and hopefully game will load. Try this and see if it will load it.

If it doesn`t load then the cd/dvd loader will most likely be required but try this first and see if it loads,and i would suggest making a image file just and burning it back to a dvd directly.Hope info helps.

The game does not have to be ripped,all that has to be done is make a iso image file or nero image file or whatever burning software you are using make a image to your pc`s hdd and burn that image directly back to your dvd media and it should work,but in this case this game requires a cd or dvd loader (same thing basically) to load it.

But the loader on swapmagic might not load this game by itself and might require this extra seperate cd or dvd loader to get this game loaded as indicated on the swapmagicfix site,did you try using a original large size in GB`s ps2 dvd-rom game as a TOC refresh,your SM disc should have this feature either on the SM cd version or some might be on the SM dvd version.

When SM loads to the menu press the eject button on your ps2 and tray will open and a prompt will appear asking you to insert a bigger TOC disc,then put in your original ps2 dvd-rom game big in size GB`s and press eject button again to close the tray and you should see it say Refresh TOC and once it loads back to the menu you will see in smaller printing "put in your own program disc",then just open up fliptop or use slidecard tool to swap out your ps2 dvd-romn game and put in your backup and press x and hopefully game will load. Try this and see if it will load it.

If it doesn`t load then the cd/dvd loader will most likely be required but try this first and see if it loads,and i would suggest making a image file just and burning it back to a dvd directly.Hope info helps.
    damn O_O.
    Thanks man I'll try it and tell you what happend ect.. ! oh and i dont mean ripped as taking unnecessary items in the iso, i meant to say it, as making it a ISO from it's original game disc. !

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News