Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSP Region 4 UMD working on JAP PSP

Sponsored Links
    Hi Guys,

Just letting you know i purchased a PSP Region 4 UMD disc today "XXX The Next Level" and it worked fine on my Japanese PSP. I have tested UMD Region 1 discs and they dont work, but Region 4 appear to. can anyone else confirm that there Region 4 Discs work with the JAP PSP?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice! Might have to add some more Region 4's to my collection.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Actually this is already quite common on dvds. A lot of australian dvds are encoded region 4 + 2.

I have a Jap 1.50, and so far works on all UMD's. Have tried on 2 different USA discs, and every Aussie launch title. Actually, I have been wandering if the region coding is broken in the Jap 1.50 firmware, cos it seems to run everything. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

May be some UMD doesn't have the region coding inplemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmonkey
    I have a Jap 1.50, and so far works on all UMD's. Have tried on 2 different USA discs, and every Aussie launch title. Actually, I have been wandering if the region coding is broken in the Jap 1.50 firmware, cos it seems to run everything. Anyone able to shed some light on this?
    That could be the case. However i doubt it. I have 2 US UMD Movies - Spiderman 2 and Hitch and both come up with a region protected message and wont play.

How can you tell?

can someone post a link to a img of where you can tell what a region 4 disk is? i have a jap psp too (1.50 thank god)

it says on the back of the cover. in the bottom left. I have once upon a time in mexico, and have run various region 4 UMDs on my 1.5 JAP.

I have a region 1 American PSP and region 2 movies seem to be able to play on my psp.
    i just tested a region 2 euro film: hitch, and it works on my american region 1 psp!!
    just thought to let everyone know

UK movie on American PSP

Is there a way of bypassing the region check on movies yet? Just come back from the UK and bought a couple of movies hoping to play on my US 1.5 PSP.

I thought the latest fastloader bypassed the region check, but I can't get it to work.

Thanks
    Eckythump

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News