Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Problem going online with SSX3

Sponsored Links
    Hi!

i 've got a problem. i have ps two v12 console and 2 orginal games (ssx3 and burnout3) when im trying to go online f.e in burnout - after dnas -game FREEZES, but when im playing ssx3 game goes online... when im trying to search for game or go to lobby- i'm alone = nobodys there.

Im using ADSL modem and have 512 connection. I have heard that i must "forward" ports, but WHERE in windows XP is that option- or do i need some kind of program?

ps/ my firewall is switched OFF.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well if your using a router, you would need to forward the ports to that. Also some mod chips require that you disable them to play originals online. I dont think firewall software on your pc would bother your PS2's connection. I think your behind a router, and you need to forward the ports in that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Which of the following applies to your situation:
    • Your PC and PS2 are connected to the broadband modem through a broadband router.
    • Your PC is directly connected to the broadband router, and your PS2 is daisy-chain connected to your PC. You are using Windows XP's Internet Connection Sharing to route the internet to your PS2 through the PC.
    • You disconnect the PC from the broadband modem, and you connect the PS2 directly to the broadband modem.

Knowing how your home network (or lack thereof) is set up will enable us to give you more specific advice.

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    now everything is fine. my cable modem was incompatible.. got another one.

cheers!

Very odd, glad that you got it fixed but i didnt know there was such a situation. Just out of curiousity, what kind of cable modem didnt work???

it was sagem 800 or something, anyway i got it to work and playin' burnout 3 nonstop

how do you boot your games? I think sometimes SM users had issues with this, OR you have to make a brand new EA acct. on a clean memorycard (one without EA acct on it).

oh DUH, ssx on tour is out and if thats online then ssx3 will not be online anymore as EA usually shuts down old game servers once the newer game is out.

well i was just saying since On Tour is out they might of dropped ssx 3. to make sure your ps2 is no having ports blocked, log into your router and put your ps2's IP in the DMZ

try going into
    easy setup
    ip address
    ip routing
    dhcp
    system

and look for anything with dmz. sometimes you can assign a certain IP (ps2 in this case) to have no ports blocked but they might not call it dmz.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News