Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

HDA on MC using Toxic OS

Sponsored Links
    First, I have put HDA on a mc before, but using a trigger disk. Now my ps2 is modded with a DMS4 Pro EZI using Toxic OS .3, how would I go about putting HDA on the mc and using the MC Dev mode to boot it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman541
    With toxic os why would u want hda, doesn't toxic os let u install and run games from hdd?
    yes it does, I'm with fatman in saying why do you want hda?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am currently running a v7 ps2 with dms 4 ezi pro and the hdd app in the toxic OS .3 works very well, just like hda. i agree you should just stick with toxic OS as the new .4 should be out soon aswell

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Toxic OS .3 doesnt use the most recent version of HDA, so like if I wanted to play Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal, I would have to use the version from here. Thats the version I want to put on the memory card and use. I dont know if .4 will have this updated version, but I wont be holding my breathe waiting for the release of it, just when and if they do release it, I'll be extremely happy

Actually....I don't have a problem with Up Your Arsenal

I am able to play R&C: Up Your Arsenal from my HD just fine. I had to turn on some of the different modes that are available in the settings menu in the HDD Games Menu, but it does work. Try using one or more of the compatibility settings. Mah2cents

SyberB

I'll try it, but there are still other games that need patches and the most recent HDA to work from the HD, and installing it on the MC would suffice until .4, which no one really knows when its being released, or at least not saying.

with toxic OS you can mange your elf files on the memory card and just hold a button down on start up (triangle maybe?) and it will auto load a screen for you to choose a elf, just go to [Register or Login to view links] and read the manual for the dms 4 ezi, it explains how to use it. to ftp in you'd need execftp, .4 OS will have ftp in it though (so i hear)

Ok, I got it to work, I'm using Keylauncher to use HDA, ExecFTP, and HDL Dumb. ExecFTP and HDL Dumb work with no issues, but when I try to but the HDA, I get this message: Failed to load CDVD.IRX. I used the HDA MC+BOOT.ELF from here, and just renamed the BOOT.ELF to HDA.ELF. I guess its because the MC version installs HDA to the MC for you? If so, where can I get the original elf file, I checked the image of the HDA R&C version I was using from cd before, but I dont see anything I can use.

Quote Originally Posted by dreday78
    Ok, I got it to work, I'm using Keylauncher to use HDA, ExecFTP, and HDL Dumb. ExecFTP and HDL Dumb work with no issues, but when I try to but the HDA, I get this message: Failed to load CDVD.IRX. I used the HDA MC+BOOT.ELF from here, and just renamed the BOOT.ELF to HDA.ELF. I guess its because the MC version installs HDA to the MC for you? If so, where can I get the original elf file, I checked the image of the HDA R&C version I was using from cd before, but I dont see anything I can use.
    The HDadvance MC version from here is a CUE/BIN disc image of an exploit installer disc. If you look in that image (or on the disc recorded from it), you will find a BOOT.ELF file and an HDA.ELF file in the FILES folder. Since you are using KeyLauncher, you do not need that included BOOT.ELF file at all. ( In fact, you run the risk of having that BOOT.ELF overwrite your KeyLauncher BOOT.ELF!) Just get rid of that BOOT.ELF and put the HDA.ELF file onto your memory card, then assign a KeyLauncher button to it.

Ok, thanks alot, that solved the issue, now just have to keep waiting on Toxic .4

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News