To compile the sample, type the following from a command prompt:
METHODS OF INSTALL
A) Download directly from the PS3 Web Browser
B) Download on your PC and place it on a flash card or USB device under the directory /PS3/THEME/
Note: The directory names must be ALL IN CAPS!
To install the theme take the .p3t file and put it on a memory stick in the following location: PS3->THEME->
Navigate to the theme setting on the XMB and you will have an option to install.
Choose install and browse to your memory stick.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PS3 XMB THEME QUICK GUIDE
1. Download the Official PS3 Theme tool here.
2. Extract it to a folder.
3. Navigate to the folder.
4. In the folder there will be a sample folder, a GimConv folder, and a p3tcompiler.exe, plus some other files.
5. Just drag and drop the .xml file onto the p3tcompiler.exe file.
6. This will create a bunch of .gim files and a sample.p3t file in the sample\01\ directory. Ignore the .gim files and grab that sample.p3t file. Take the sample.p3t file and put it on a memory stick in the following location: PS3->THEME->
7. Now take the memory stick to your PS3 and plug it in. Navigate to the theme setting and you will have an option to install. Choose install and you will have your new sample theme.
8. To make your own CUSTOM theme, just edit all of the .png and .jpg files in the "sample" directory, and re-run these steps. Keep the image pixel size the same and have fun!
The official Sony PS3 Custom Theme Guide is here: [Register or Login to view links]
Another Sony PS3 Theme Tutorial: [Register or Login to view links]