Exclamation Will sony ban my PS3 on Kmeaw CFW?

Hi!

Basically I have:

1 PS3 Slim updated to latest OFW, that I play online with.
    1 PS3 that with kmeaw 3.55 cfw.

I'm scared that they'll block my IP? So I can't play online no more even on my official PS3?

Would they do this? Or would they just ban my custom firmware console?

What is this "ban"? Does it put any restrictions on the console?

sony cannot ban your ps3 that has ofw on it just because you own another ps3 that doesn't.. sueing is another matter.. LOL

i wouldnt worry.. if your ps3 is legit and never been used for piracy then it will be fine on psn.. don't go online at all will the cfw ps3.

Even if they do ban your IP, you can always call up your ISP and request a new IP.

Most ISP's use dynamic IP's anyway these days, unless your account is setup to specifically have the same IP.

Its on an individual basis of each console, not by the person themselves... Unless you do something like violate the TOS or harass other people horribly.
    Last edited by shummyr; 07-22-2011 at 02:42 PM

they really can't ban your ip address. they can only ban your name on there.

Quote Originally Posted by fattysc View Post
    Even if they do ban your IP, you can always call up your ISP and request a new IP.
    Why would anyone do that when it can be done manually in like 10 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    Why would anyone do that when it can be done manually in like 10 seconds?
    I don't know about you, but when I release/renew with my router it pulls the same leased IP assigned by my ISP.

To the OP, I haven't heard of Sony banning IPs (yet). I do the same thing, though, but I'm not too worried about it. The worst to happen is that you can't revert the modified console to OFW and access PSN, unless they start crippling consoles like MS did in their recent ban waves.
    Last edited by moja; 08-15-2011 at 05:22 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

That's random Moja, it would only assign a different IP address if the one you released was taken before you renewed your IP. That's not what I was talking about at all. Just remember that the router MAC address is related to the IP, if you change the router's MAC address then your IP cannot remain the same. That's it, bam, done.