Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

What's so special about a PS3 Custom Firmware ?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all ... When as you can guess from the question, I'm a n00b ...

Anyways, what's so special about a CFW ? Does it allow me to play PS3 backups and run unsigned code without having to jailbreak my PS3 everytime ?

I'm asking this because till now I used my N900 to jailbreak, but now I've sold my N900 and I don't want to buy a jailbreak device if its not really needed in CFWs ... For that one-time upgrade to a CFW for which I might need a jailbreak device, I can just borrow it from a friend.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes it does enable you to not need the jailbreaking dongle with Custom firmwares, as well as other custom icons, etc..

So you wouldn't need to do it everytime, no.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So like you can just start your PC like normal and just run MultiMAN, etc .. without needing to go through the jailbreak method ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    CFW replaces the need to use a Jailbreaking device to load BM or homebrew, yes.

Hi I am a n00b, too.

I just want to ask if I can play the original blu-ray game, GT5 for example, and online with CFW? updating with SONY as well? Thanks!

You can play retail games all you like.

IF you are on CFW and want to play online you can do that too http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...aw-117816.html , but be aware that you could increase chances of getting banned through that, no one has yet though.

IF you wish to go to official 3.56, try to go back to OFW first if you are on CFW first though.

Thanks! By the way, what do you think the chance that I can get back to CFW say 3.55 AFTER I upgraded to 3.56 in the future?

In old time, a cracked console just give me more games to play since they are standalone, but nowadays every game is online and the server checks the version of it... that's why I still don't want to do the jailbreak...

Probably going a little off-topic here, but say I go to 3.55-Kmeaw, can I get back to 3.41 OFW if I wanted to ?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelio View Post
    Thanks! By the way, what do you think the chance that I can get back to CFW say 3.55 AFTER I upgraded to 3.56 in the future?

In old time, a cracked console just give me more games to play since they are standalone, but nowadays every game is online and the server checks the version of it... that's why I still don't want to do the jailbreak...
    as of yet you won't be able to..
    Quote Originally Posted by AhmadkaX2 View Post
    Probably going a little off-topic here, but say I go to 3.55-Kmeaw, can I get back to 3.41 OFW if I wanted to ?
    yes using the downgrade method (F/S mode dongle) with special files.
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 02-15-2011 at 01:43 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks man. I think the best solution is to have two PS3 and one for online gaming another for jailbreak... lol

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News