So I have been using 3.41 with the TI-84 JB on a 250GB slim, but I would like to be able to play newer games. I know that there are ways to get some of them to play, but I seem to fail at correctly editing the files. Also I want to be able to play Marvel vs Capcom 3 when it comes out (assuming it will run on 3.55 of course). Not having to use the calculator all the time would be great too. With there being a few options when it comes to CFWs, I am wanting to make sure I don't mess-up. So my questions are as follows.
1. What files do I need to make sure are saved before updating? I don't want to loose blu-ray support in the event of needing to downgrade, or whatever other reasons it might be lost. And I of course don't want to loose anything else that could be lost.
2. If I need to use the backups of the files from question 1, how do I go about restoring them to working order?
3. Which CFW(s) allow creating and playing backups of games? I try to stay current, but I know some of them did/do not support running backed up games.
4. Are there current backup managers that seem to work better than others on CFWs (or at least specific CFWs)?
5. Of the CFWs that can load backups. Which ones are fairly easy to install? I can follow instructions pretty well in most cases, but I really want to avoid a brick (as I imagine everyone does).
Any input is helpful. I am sure that some (or all) of this may be in other threads, but I want to make sure I have the latest info. I just want to make this happen as smoothly as possible. And it may be helpful to more than just myself.