This weekend French PlayStation 3 developer dudu.clx
has shared a PS3A Linux Box v1 PS3 Install Script for OtherOS++ CFW users and some videos documenting the process below.
To quote, roughly translated: To make installing Linux on PS3 simpler and faster, I decided to create the PS3A linux-box . Run the script, and off you go!
The linux installer for PS3 OtherOS++ consists of a series of scripts that will run from petitboot once otheros + + partitions created correctly (success create_hdd_region.sh). It will be regularly updated to correct, improve some support and offer still more versions of Linux.
Requirements for PS3a Linux-box (roughly translated):
- Have a PS3 with a CFW OtherOS++
- Having set the hard disk
- Restart the PS3 petitboot.
- http://gitbrew.org/~glevand/ps3/cfw/CFW341-OTHEROS++.PUP - 3.41 with SS Patches. 1/2 hdd to OtherOS++
- http://gitbrew.org/~glevand/ps3/cfw/CFW355-OTHEROS++.PUP - 3.55 with SS Patches. 1/2 hdd to OtherOS++
- http://gitbrew.org/~glevand/ps3/cfw/CFW355-OTHEROS++-22GB.PUP - 22GB to OtherOS++, no SS patches
- http://gitbrew.org/~glevand/ps3/cfw/CFW355-OTHEROS++-EIGHTH-HDD-SIZE.PUP - 1/8th of the drive will be for GameOS, SS patches
- http://gitbrew.org/~glevand/ps3/cfw/CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP - QA Flag CFW with SS patches, Can be used to downgrade your ps3 from 3.55 to lower firmware.
- Boot into PS3′s Petitboot
- Go to the shell and type:
chmod a + x ps3a.sh
Changelog for v1:
- Installer available in three languages, English, French, Spanish.
- Basic Installation debian and ubuntu.
- Install the choice of pre-compiled kernel or compile it yourself.
- Choice of 4 modes of starts for Debian and Ubuntu (normal, full_HD, normal + wifi + wifi full_HD).
- Choice of light configuration, or custom for Debian and Ubuntu (and many office applications).
- Choice of evolution of Debian MintPPC.
- Choice between versions for ubuntu jaunty, maverick, maverick, maverick and maverick.
- Choosing to migrate to Ubuntu or Kubuntu Xubuntu (when choosing his office).
- Configuring the wifi for FAT (ubuntu and debian).
- Installing Fedora Core 12 with Cell SDK pre -install (text mode only).
- Fixed script and successful installation of Gentoo.
- Added post-install Debian for Red Ribbon.
- Added installation of Mandriva, Arch Linux, OpenSUSE, OSX Leopard.
- Added a script configuration of Fedora Core 12.
- Choice of installing the IBM Cell SDK for debian and ubuntu.
- Added support available from the script.
- Design and Theme PS3A Adding a Linux Box for Debian / Ubuntu.
- Integration into petitboot.
And instructions! Just enter a choice from a list, the rest just happens! To illustrate how it works, I’ve made two videos: Installing ubuntu hardy in 13 minutes, via telnet:
More PlayStation 3 News