Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PS3 Slim Retail Console Running 3.66 Custom Firmware

Sponsored Links
    As a follow-up to the previous JaicraB JFW DH PS3 Custom Firmware videos came a video (below) by pdnked of a PS3 Slim Retail console running Rebug 3.66 Custom Firmware (which is actually PS3 OFW 3.66 with a few Debug files added) from Dospiedras1973 via Spanish site [Register or Login to view links].

A rough translation from [Register or Login to view links] states the following:

Dospiedras1973, EOL and user who has already managed to do the downgrade recently consoles INFECTUS using FAT for that necessary, has released a firmware that allows PS3 to version 3.66 with options debug a machine operative. Some clarifications are annotated by the developer:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2)

Dospiedra Modified Firmware details to note:
    • Only user-3.55 (no matter if CFW or OFW)
    • No turning back, pass over to 3.66 with all that that entails. Only you can downgrade to INFECTUS (dospiedras method).
    • No syscalls / payloads ... so that the burden of copies is disabled. For what is agreed is a firmware guy ... GeoHot.
    • The 3.55 homebrew installed no longer work.
    • There is no package installer (for now).
    • Full access to PSN.
    • Works on both Fat and Slim (as shown in the video), no tricks hardware and could suggest a user in the comments.

Of course, install under your own responsibility, nor do I Dospiedras not responsible for any errors or omissions performed by the user.

Shortly following, Rebug developer Cyberskunk stated via ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/206-?p=1380#post1380 the following warning: "DO NOT INSTALL THIS. After ripping this PUP apart it appears the rundown will be VERY VERY SHORT.

This is RETAIL OFW 3.66 with just a 'few' of the files from DEBUG firmware.
    • vsh.self
    • index.dat
    • version.txt

ALL OTHER FILES ARE RETAIL INCLUDING COREOS."

In conclusion, those without an Infectus Mod who do not wish to risk their JailBroken PS3 console and lose the ability to run PlayStation 3 back-ups and homebrew should avoid this PS3 CFW at the present time... whether further progress will change this or not only time will tell.

Video: PS3 Slim Retail Console Running 3.66 Custom Firmware

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's great progress!

now we just need the keys to sign multiman etc don't we?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not sure, but odds of getting the private keys are probably slim (no pun intended ) since Sony fixed the random number bug.

Excellent news, just give it a month or two and we'll be running homebrew on it (Crosses fingers ).

This is not a CFW so you need to change the post. It is a DEBUG Firmware that is able to be installed on Retail Units.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    Excellent news, just give it a month or two and we'll be running homebrew on it (Crosses fingers ).
    Probably, according to both KaKaRoToKS and GitBrew it's in the works and with fewer new games coming out during the summer months it wouldn't surprise me if they held out until this fall for a release.

Quote Originally Posted by MateoGodlike View Post
    This is not a CFW so you need to change the post. It is a DEBUG Firmware that is able to be installed on Retail Units.
    Yep, it's all semantics... if you submitted it worded like 'Modified Debug Firmware' vs 'Custom Firmware' I probably would have approved it as well as long as the title fit our news block. We don't change titles once they are posted though as that messes up our links, etc.

Couldn't they just have took Matercrack PS3 Dev_Flash PUP Packer / Unpacker (Des-Emp) homebrew app and switch the flash from 3.66 DFW to 3.55 CFW with 3.66 spoofer?

guys this is great i had to trade my ps3 to game stop and got a ps3 with 3.66 on it and could not do anything that i miss well i got some ideas about this cfw 3.66 i'm about to try it. thank you so much man just in time with me lol

you think it might be a idea to stay on sp-int network instead of np ? less security on sp-int right? or what anyone know anything about this?

I can't get 2nd link to install on 3.66 owf it says the update is corrupt.
    Last edited by HACKDEPS3; 07-13-2011 at 02:56 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Full PSN access? Just what we didn't want. Keep your back up games and homebrew but keep off of the PSN and leave it for those who pay their way!

Hmm like everything is ready i don't think that it will take more than a month ofc (crossed fingers) Great Job !!!

Quote Originally Posted by heartagram62 View Post
    Full PSN access? Just what we didn't want. Keep your back up games and homebrew but keep off of the PSN and leave it for those who pay their way!
    And who told you that we didn't want full Psn access and why
    Last edited by Windstyle; 07-13-2011 at 03:29 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News