Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    daveshooter you are correct in thinking that Multiman does not run on debug 3.66, you can install it fine it just comes up with an error message on startup and goes back to XMB.

The original BUM that was patched for debug units still works fine in terms of actually backing up a game, however does not run the game and in my experience the Debug version of Back up manager was not able to run backups from the start. Really wish there was a Master Disc patch application for ps3 games like there was for PS1/2 games Oh well at least i've still got a retail to play with too!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My slim is still at 3.61. Since I don't have anything to lose, I'll update with this cfw just to take a look at it. Downloading right now and I'll update as soon as it completes. I'll report back once the process is all done.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ph4rcyd3 View Post
    My slim is still at 3.61. Since I don't have anything to lose, I'll update with this cfw just to take a look at it. Downloading right now and I'll update as soon as it completes. I'll report back once the process is all done.
    You can't use it, It's for 3.55 as stated in the first post.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk.

better translation

The ROUGH TRANSLATION was irking me so if you want to use a better one here it is:

Dospiedras1973, EOL user who just recently downgraded a FAT model using INFECTUS, has published a firmware that allows the PS3 to upgrade to the version 3.66 with debug options.

Some main points by the developer:

Only 3.55 users (either CFW or OFW)
    There's no turning back. You'll be going to 3.66 and all that it entails. You may only downgrade with INFECTUS (dospiedras method).
    No syscalls/payloads... so no backups, it's a firmware GEOHOT style.
    3.55 Homebrew will cease to work.
    There is no package installer (for now).
    Full PSN access.
    Works both on Fat and Slim (as shown on the video), no hardware tricks as some users have suggested in the comments.

Worthless, plus i already have the jb 3.55
    Last edited by tysinb; 07-14-2011 at 11:22 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Maybe to you it's worthless. But to many people having debug options on 3.66 FW is pretty impressive.

P.S. No one cares if you're on jb 3.55.

Hey! I have recently updated from CFW 3.55 to 3.66 OFW, but since I saw this, I have tried to update to this firmware... The only problem is when I put this firmware, CFW 3.66, I get the error: "Data is corrupted". Have tried thousands of times, any ideas why this is occurring? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by miniclip22 View Post
    Hey! I have recently updated from CFW 3.55 to 3.66 OFW, but since I saw this, I have tried to update to this firmware... The only problem is when I put this firmware, CFW 3.66, I get the error: "Data is corrupted". Have tried thousands of times, any ideas why this is occurring? Thanks in advance!
    You can't use it, It's for 3.55

Well if this was out before I updated from 3.55 I would have used this instead of plain old ofw, so not worthless, just not useful to you.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk.

I can't? o_O So I can't have fake plus?

The ROUGH TRANSLATION is: Some main points by the developer aka, SONY:

Only 3.55 users (either CFW or OFW) There's no turning back. Same as OFW 3.66
    You'll be going to 3.66 and all that it entails. Same as OFW 3.66
    You may only downgrade with INFECTUS (dospiedras method). same as 3.56
    No syscalls/payloads... so no backups, it's a firmware GEOHOT style. same as OFW 3.66
    3.55 Homebrew will cease to work. same as OFW 3.66
    There is no package installer (for now). same as OFW 3.66
    Full PSN access. same as OFW 3.66
    Works both on Fat and Slim. same as OFW 3.66
    no hardware tricks as some users have suggested in the comments. same as OFW 3.66.

So all that seems left to play with this firmware is being able to play games on the other networks, allegedly, change the boxes ID and run pkg's from PSN ow and as above said fake plus..

Sorry am I missing something with this firmware?
    Last edited by daveshooter; 07-15-2011 at 06:52 PM

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News