Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    even does realise that it can only be installed for consoles which have 3.55 CFW not 4.21 OFW? It says here in chinese

"得到RED POWER的人员回复——系统只能在3.55刷,刷机风险与3.55升级到官方4.21相同。硬降机可刷" :

English Translation: "We received word from a member of the RED POWER team stating that this CFW can only be install on machines with 3.55 CFW. Also consoles on DEX firmwares will also be able to install this firmware as well"

The guy shows proof that hes on a 4.21 console and that its not 3.55. Future developments can be found in the below thread: bbs.duowan.com/thread-28966253-1-1.html
    Last edited by itsbighead; 09-26-2012 at 05:51 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a feeling DUPLEX will be able to crack this new dongle as well, that is, unless they were all part of a plan to get all existing dongle owners to buy a new one. So many crazy underhanded things going on in the scene, it's really hard to tell who to trust anymore.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbighead View Post
    English Translation: "We received word from a member of the RED POWER team stating that this CFW can only be install on machines with 3.55 CFW. Also consoles on DEX firmwares will also be able to install this firmware as well"
    Well if that is true, then it seems this is indeed strictly another ReDRM dongle versus (for example) a dongle that allows the newer PS3 models to be jailbroken and so on. Seems a lot easier to just steer clear of their "4.21 CFW" marketing scheme and remain on 3.55 using Duplex, N0DRM, NRP, and anonymous EBOOT fixes for free.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Still it doesnt really change anything. It still means anyone with a console later than 2009 still wont be able to have CFW

I don't know if I trust DUPLEX or N0DRM, they obviously can fix all the new games but don't for some reason, only drip feeding us...
    Last edited by Lando43; 09-26-2012 at 05:59 AM

but its not because it requires the console to have 3.55 CFW in order to install.

the team hasn't created anything. They're still piggybacking of EBOOTs created by DUPLEX/N0DRM
    Last edited by itsbighead; 09-26-2012 at 06:01 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Lando43 View Post
    I don't know if I trust DUPLEX or N0DRM, they obviously can fix all the new games but don't for some reason, only drip feeding us...
    I don't completely trust them either, but at least they aren't attempting to charge people money for their fixes... which is more than we will probably be able to say for the Blue Disk team from the way things are sounding at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    I have a feeling DUPLEX will be able to crack this new dongle as well, that is, unless they were all part of a plan to get all existing dongle owners to buy a new one. So many crazy underhanded things going on in the scene, it's really hard to tell who to trust anymore.
    Well said.

That's an easy one... trust whoever isn't on Max Louarn and Paul Owen's payroll.

Max runs the business side while Paul handles the sweat shop and forums (ie digital-forums.com, team-xecuter.com, etc) end, with their PDX buddy CitizenX doing the cracking under many, many pseudonyms he uses for various scenes through the years.

Usually the PS3 developers who expose other developers are the more honest ones who are in the loop and know what is going on behind the scene yet they can't be bought out.. for example CrashSerious, Squarepusher (aka Twin Aphex), etc.

Current Developments for PSN Compatibility:

The team is currently testing PSN access on their console. From there testing REACTPSN isnt compatable with the CFW and gives the error 80029514 when you try to connect to PSN using the FTP exploit. FckPSN logs onto the PSN Store but gives you 80710A06 error if you try to login with a PSN ID but allows you to create the account.

Sponsored Links

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News