Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    its because newer consoles have a minimum firmware version of 3.60 or higher and will never support 3.55 or below sony blacklisted the private key that geohot found in newer firmwares and new consoles also have new boot loader keys so you cant flash a custom coreOS onto a 3000x or higher cause they have been signed with the old bootloader keys.

if by some miracle the new private keys can be calculated then all the new consoles would be jailbroken again but this is highly unlikely now that sony use a true random number to generate them

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    here is the link to my back up for a CECH-3001a if any one is able to figure out how to modify the metldr 2 and fix this to be down-gradable. i have my e3 ready to test this when i have the time.

[Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    they are downgradable but only to minimum firmware which would be 3.60 or 3.66 most likely

the firmware i'm trying to downgrade it to is 4.30 cfw. so what is left for me to do to make it pass the metldr 2 error when trying to perform 000001 rewrite of the nor with the e3?

it won't work anyway cause the 4.30 custom firmware has been resigned using old bootloader console keys, 3000x series has new keys but to bypass the flasher problem extract the coreOS from the 4.30 custom firmware and you need to byte reverse it and paste it into your nor backup at offsets 0C0010 & 7C0010 using a hex editor

so guys in short... No CFW for cech 3k models on OFW 4.31?

i now have the core_os_package.pkg extracted.

i used flow to byte reverse the backup and i should just copy the whole core_os and paste write using hxd stating from 0c0010 and again at 7c0010,? after that i can save & reverse it back for e3.

there might be if this works from what technodon is having me try.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

core_os__switch_by_alchybear-d5pkqhx.png  
    Last edited by alchybear; 12-28-2012 at 03:20 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

make a backup of your console nor data and keep it safe, then download this and open both the download and your nor dump in a hex editor copy and paste the whole thing twice, once at offset 0c0010 and again at 7c0010 then save and extract with flow rebuilder everything should be fine then you will have made your console nor backup have rogero 4.30 coreOS

[Register or Login to view links]

its been tried and tested by me, it doesnt work and will brick your console but you can recover by soldering the tristate wire and flashing your original 4.31 backup

lol i'm done bricking my console for the time. i guess i'm just going to wait until they fix this metldr.2, i even took the back up of a different slim ps3 on cfw rogero and pasted them over on the 3001, just another brick. its been almost a year now i believe and still no fix for this to be able to downgrade?

i only thought it was just the lowest firmware downgradable to not a metldr trouble. well i hope some one can fix this on these newer models. other than that my tutorial is good for all the older slims and phats to just downgrade straight to 4.30 rogero with out 3.55

that fact you still need a flasher makes it nothing new. good work though man!

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News