Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Upgrading from Rebug 3.41 to 3.55.2 CFW

Sponsored Links
    Hi all !

I'm on Rebug 3.41.3 and i want to upgrade to rebug 3.55.2 to play some game can not play on 3.41. Do i need replace the HDD with new HDD to install new CFW ? Because if i want go back to 3.41 all data on old HDD will not erase after downgrade. And i only put the old HDD back and my game working again. And the best way to downgrade is use QA token flag or use dongle ?

Thanks for any helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just install 3.55 Rebug CFW like you normally would. You will not lose any data and you can still use the same HDD. This also applies when you downgrade using QA Flag.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks. How about bluray playback ? Is it gone after downgrade ? Mine PS3 is 60GB BC CECHA12. Never play any bluray film.

And the old HDD still play game if i put it back to PS3 had upgraded to rebug 3.55.2 ? Or PS3 did not recognize it and force me have to reformat ?
    Last edited by tranvanthien; 12-28-2011 at 06:10 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've never heard of any Blu-ray discs not working after a downgrade using the QA flag so I would say you're safe there. The update will not affect the HDD at all.

Thanks a lot.

Here is the answer i ask from another guy "Im sure it will ask for Formatting the HDD". Maybe he didn't know my PS3 is 60GB BC CEACH12 the firmware do not stay in HDD.

If you're simply updating to a later CFW the HDD will not need any formatting. But if you're going to put in a different HDD than the one you're already using it will ask you to format it.

thanks.

Yeah i know the PS3 will format new HDD if i upgrade firmware. But I mean that i put the old HDD was using on 3.41 back after i upgrade to 3.55 will be ask to format or not.

Thank you vey much mate.

No but it wiill tell you that your system files are corrupted and you need to reinstall thoes system files stored on the hdd.

If system files was corrupted can i fix it in Recovery mode ? And the all data on it will be OK ?

It has nothing to do that hey are real corrupted. It's more the ps3 doesn't find the correct system files on hdd for your installed FW. There for it tells you that the files are corrupted. If you reinstall the system files which the ps3 will do automatically all your previous files will be still there. It's no format task just a reinstall files task.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News