Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Poll Upgrade Custom FW PS3 or Get a New One

Sponsored Links
    I have a PS3 running with a 3.41 custom firmware. As many of you know, the new Call Of Duty & Battle Field game are coming out. We won't be able to play them online, unless we have a non custom PS3 or if someone release a new custom firmware. Should i update my hacked PS3 or should i just buy a new one ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you can afford it, I'd get a new (or used) one for online gaming... many PS3 CFW developers don't really support PSN access using CFW (even if you get it online with CFW, odds are it will get detected and banned) so the best you probably will get is a pseudo-PSN similar to XBSLink or XLink Kai with Custom Firmware.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks very much. I really appreciate your help.

Always check ebay and with sony lowering the ps3 now getting a new one is a good idea. Also i would check pawnshops. YOu can always get a good deal in there. THanks

Should I get another PS3?

With the recent advances of the flasher and a huge lineup of great games coming this holiday season I have been debating on whether to buy another ps3 or not. I am currently on 3.55 kmeaw spoofed to 3.70 have a 2TB hard drive with 186 games on it.

Buying another PS3 with the recent price drop is not a big deal but if the e3 flasher will allow me to switch from OFW to CFW quickly then it's kind of a waste of money to buy a whole new system. Please post your opinions as my birthday is 9-9 so I will be making a decision this week thanks.

If you can afford it then you should do it.

If I was you I would wait and see how the E3 flasher turns out, I would suggest you get some cash for your birthday and see how stuff play out over these couple of months.

But like natepig said, if you can afford it without any hassles, get a second PS3, it's the easiest thing to do.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 09-02-2011 at 06:30 AM

Cool

Easiest is what I am interested in. Thanks for your reply. It bugs me so much when a good game comes out we can't just go out and buy it and play it because our firmware is to low. I wish we could just buy a 3.60+ game and play it without having to give up everything else.

I am not a big fan of multiplayer but uncharted 2's multiplayer and co-op was amazing and I am not going to miss out on uncharted 3's. Well my mind is made up just purchased the infamous 2 320GB bundle for $300 from Sonys official site estimated ship date 9/7! Thanks for the input and see you guys on PSN and home soon add jeztur2010 to your friends list.

I just picked up another ps3 fw 3.50 from a pawn shop for 150.00. There are good deals there just make sure you look before you buy. Thanks

That's pretty good, I heard that the E3 flasher will cost around $100, if it does I'm just going to buy another PS3.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News