Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Any advice for a first time modder? I've not modded anything as of yet, I haven't even backed my firm ware version back to 3.55 just yet. I am planning on doing that tomorrow. I have a fat 40gb.

oh, one more question... are there any major differences in the custom firmwares or ? Tips or tricks? open to any suggestions here thats for sure... thanks in advance..
    Last edited by lividias; 12-10-2011 at 03:49 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Most people (including myself) find KMEAW 3.55 CFW to be the most stable, but generally they're all the same. You can read more about CFW here (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...tml#post371343).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    From what I have seen on this site (as it is my main PS3 info/hacking source), it seems that Kmeaw and Rebug are the 2 most popular and stable. I have personally had zero issues with my kmeaw 3.55 CFW with MultiMan. Unless you need some special feature that one CFW offers that the others don't. Just make sure to do a system backup before installing any of them (just to be safe).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Strongly suggest going with Kmeaw 3.55 CFW first. Simply because its so "plug and play"-simple. Install it and then multiman takes about 10 minuts tops and most people will probably never need any more (well, today .. who knows what future brings). If you are not alone on your ps3 you might wanna install a "higher firmware spoofer" to protect the cfw .. or you might come home one day and you kid has accidentally overwritten your 3.55 cfw using a game the kid borrowed (oh! this happens a lot).

Rebug on the other hand is fairly technical and you need to update it (from the right folder) etc and probably turn off and on a couple of settings .. all good if you want a more techy and feature cfw .. but probably not good for the first install. Rebug is more for the techy programmer people i guess.

Some people may have troubles with Kmeaw but just as many have troubles with Rebug (all those updates arent just new features you know ).

Anyways, the good thing is that you can always alternate between the Kmeaw, Rebug and the official 3.55 firmware as much as you like.

I use rebug on my mine testing ps3, but it is not really first time user friendly. So I would go with something you can install easy and get it going.

I use kmeaw 3.55 and never had any problem with it.

Is it worth updating my 3.15 60GB PS3 to 3.55 Kmeaw CFW? Do PS1 and PS2 game backups work?

Well only PS1 disc backups currently work on multiMAN as detailed in this thread (http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/p...-ps3-3-55-cfw/).

If you really want to play PS1/PS2/PSP iSO backups from the HDD you can take a look into the Cobra USB (http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...and-psp-minis/). It only "partially" supports PS2 iSO backups on non backwards compatible PS3 consoles though.

is it possibly to run backups on a 3.66 ofw?

No it is not. You need a ps3 that is on firmware 3.55 or below. however you can downgrade it and you can jailbreak it.

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News