Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A noob question, please bear with me. I'm currently on 3.61, some of the psn games and demos i have no longer work. When using outdated OFW or When using CFW. Can i play the games i downloaded from the psn? Also while using CFW can i play psn games (and DLC) or get them from anywhere, other than the psn?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't really get the question, but if the PSN game is 3.55 FW or less it will work on 3.55 CFW, and you can get PSN games and DLCs from other places other than PSN and make it work on your PS3 if it's hacked. Just look it up via search.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Don't update to OFW. In my house we had two ps3s, one which had homebrew, the other OFW. All was well enjoying emulators and ps3 lan games, until my brother installed 3.60 on the hacked ps3 so he could play portal 2. I suffered CFW withdrawal, losing all that freedom and homebrew got to me. Argh!

Good thing the E3 is coming out soon.

when does it come out.. thought was supposed to be in a week like 10 days ago!! hanging to get me one to try out!!

oh and yeah i'd buy another ps3 well actually i did on sunday.. with the price drop they're cheap now.. even in australia.. $328 for 160gb slim with driver san fran and its was on 3.66ofw!!they where like 450 or something a month ago..

some games you need to log into psn to play..like all "free" plus games etc.. sly sony tactics!!
    Last edited by elser1; 09-12-2011 at 10:33 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    I know, very sneaky. Last week I asked my local Harvey Norman store (yes I'm Australian) if they had any old ps3 stock, they said no new stock but hey a new shipment of new ps3s at the new price of $300 (160gb). Hmm get your metldr2 ps3s while they're hot.

I never liked Harvey Norman, try Gametraders they usually have old stock. I saw a brand new fat PS3 console in the box for like $300, probably on 2.40 firmware or something like that 3 months ago but that's just the store near my home.

Banned User
    I'll keep that in mind, Thanks HeyManHRU.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    I don't really get the question, but if the PSN game is 3.55 FW or less it will work on 3.55 CFW, and you can get PSN games and DLCs from other places other than PSN and make it work on your PS3 if it's hacked. Just look it up via search.
    Thanks, you answered my question.

Cool to update or not to update

Hi, I recently came back to my home and want to use my PS3 again and it seems that the firmware is now at 3.70 and my firmware is still 3.50. The dilemma is should i update to 3.70 so that i can play online or update to custom firmware 3.55 and be able to do other things?

I don't really have money to buy another ps3 for online and I really do enjoy playing games online as the competitiveness of multiplayer is quite enjoyable.

Will there be another custom firmware coming soon which allow online capability and keeping the homebrew as well???

Thanks in advance to those who answer my questions. Chow.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News