Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Updated to 3.70 OFW, will games work on future CFW still?

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys,

Yesterday, my 11 year old daughter, who I love unconditionally, perhaps a little less now decided to update from the CFW 3.55 to OFW 3.70. I know there's no downgrade, that's not what I'm asking!

Upon reboot, Multiman and such is still there. Of course it won't work, but my question is, will all my homebrew and games that are still on the hard drive work once again if there is a 3.70 CFW ever released? Or should I get rid of it all now? Obviously, I'd like to keep at least all my saved games in tact in case there ever is a new CFW and I can carry on where I left off? What's the opinion that $ony will hurt me one way or another if I leave all that stuff on the hard drive?

As a failsafe, I was wondering if in hindsight I should have used the 3.7 spoofer, although I'm not positive that would have helped as she updated in order to open a bloody PSN account!!! Bloody kids!

Thanks guys!

Dan

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is hope for you coming in the way of the new e3 flasher you might be able to downgrade back to 3.55 custom firmware then all your homebrew etc... should still work fine.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    e3 flasher? Of course you also have to open the console and if you have a slim you will not need to do any solder...
    Quote Originally Posted by candan View Post
    Upon reboot, Multiman and such is still there. Of course it won't work, but my question is, will all my homebrew and games that are still on the hard drive work once again if there is a 3.70 CFW ever released? Or should I get rid of it all now? Obviously, I'd like to keep at least all my saved games in tact in case there ever is a new CFW and I can carry on where I left off? What's the opinion that $ony will hurt me one way or another if I leave all that stuff on the hard drive?
    A new 3.70 cfw is very difficult to reach because we can no longer get the private key to encrypt because sony fixed the error of the continuous variable. So downgrade is the best choice. I remember you there are logs about what you started on your PS3, but Multiman deletes them every time. I advise you to start 5 original games to fill the logs as a precautionary measure.
    Last edited by Ezio; 09-01-2011 at 06:21 PM

Thanks guys. I guess I'll wait for the e3 flasher. I have no trouble opening the thing up.

My unit is in limbo land at 3.61, trying to decide if I should let it upgrade to the latest or not.

I suggest you upgrade to 3.70 to have fun with online, then you may downgrade through the e3 flasher when it becomes available.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News