Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep for the reasons ps3hen mentoined and also for downgrading even up to latest fw and the abbility to use homebrew in case of we can decrypt the allready existing hb and fake sign them with actuall SDK's. A full dex converted console can be updated and then downgraded via special_downgrader.pup's.

Also sony changed something with the PS3GEN tool. On older versions you can't use retail selfs to gen a ISO img. Now the newer tools also accept retail signed and encrypted games. Maybe this is in case off that now also retail eboot's can be run with a generated ISO via streaming from pc or/and also as a bd-emu img.

And for the dex kernel. It can be run on retail conosole with QA flag, changed IDPS but thats still NOT a full debug console. There are still other things that need to be done.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes having a debug console would be great. A full debug console in it self is a kind of jailbreak(except it is designed by Sony on purpose), being able to run HB code and load game backups (using fselfs of course) and more.

The only problem I foresee with converting retail units to full debug units is losing the ability to play Blue-Ray movies, but one can't have everything. I wonder how Sony would respond to the scene getting a working CEX to DEX kit.
    Last edited by ps3hen; 02-17-2012 at 01:43 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    MM for Dex will not play a BD movie, in case? Thanks for your kind answer, cfwprophet

Speaking about special_downgrader.pup.. do you mind to upload me the pup (PM is ok)? It's the only file missing on my sdk 3.70 pack.

I'm guess that enabling a dex to play bd movies should be possible but we will see. If you want i'll share special downgrader pups with you but they are also in the new released 4.0 sdk. So just let me know.

this actually works, i'm running bdemuV2. i selected rebug mode. i didn't need to change any other settings. started multiman and booted Alice Madness and bulletstorm without a dongle

^^ actually most of them don't work it seems that only them two do..
    Last edited by technodon; 03-13-2012 at 06:00 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Curious. Why just 2 games?

Sponsored Links

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News