Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't believe this because i know it better

Their trick is more simple

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so does this mean there should be 355 cfw with capability built in the cfw ?? please say yes hehehehe

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    AC1D team if you say you know how to make games run on lower FW then pls make a fix for a +3.6 game and upload it for us, then we can think that you are right.

sorry for my english guys

When you read this thread isn't this just what we discussed like a few weeks ago? Had the whole thing figured out

Banned User
    Yes, This makes sense, I don't think things like new game keys are stored in dev_flash, maybe some menu features can be enabled by swapping drivers but the actual unknown KEYS are hidden away inside ldrs. I dont think Sony are stupid enough to allow swapping a few files to get new games working.

Now getting some features from new firmware could be possible with this. Example the AppAuthID and other info of some sprx has not changed in newer firmwares.

Unless there is something more to this hack that we are not being told I cant see how this can decrypt new games , unless maybe you are talking about swapping the loaders as well somehow?
    Last edited by DeViL303; 01-15-2012 at 01:16 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i know i thought it was funny lol

why would you have to decrypt the sprx files? you just put them on via ftp. the games themselves use the sprx to run. its like trying to run a program on pc with out all the DLL files or something. but you add those files and bam. wheres the problem at?
    Last edited by RiseOfCthulu; 01-15-2012 at 01:24 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    Thats the bit I'm unsure of- do the sprx files get used to decrypt the game eboots?!

They need to be decrypted by the PS3 to be able to read them, IMO without the keys from the new versions of the loaders (not in dev_flash dumps) the eboots will just be garbeled nonsense data.
    Last edited by DeViL303; 01-15-2012 at 01:29 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

because without decryption the PS3 can't understand and run them. They are encrypted before distribution, there is no way to "bypass" encrypted files, they must be decrypted to be run.

It's a good idea but it's a dead end, you can't just move the loaders since the entire chain of trust was changed with 3.60, without a bootldr exploit this cannot be bypassed either.
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 01-15-2012 at 01:31 PM

Banned User
    Anyway I'm sure cfwprophet knows what hes talking about i'm just waitng for more info!

Sponsored Links
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News