Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Switching between 2 PS3 hard drives on CFW

Sponsored Links
    Ok this is my first post, I was wondering if anyone has a ps3 where they switch between hard drives so that they have one hard drive with OFW for playing on psn and another hard drive for playing games off backup manager.

I think this is able to be done because the hard drives are not being modified outside the PS3 so i was going to go and buy a new hard drive so i could do this but i am not sure if it will work because of how the ps3 encrypts hard drives.

So if anyone does this or knows if it will work it would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No it can't be done. The firmware is split across the HDD and NAND so you can't have 2 HDDs with different firmwares.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, thanks a lot. Now i don't have to go and spend money on a new hard drive.

Running CFW and OFW on 2 seperate hard drives

if i did end up buying a new hard drive and installing CFW on it. when i reinstall my old hard drive with OFW 3.66, would the PS3 require me to format the hard drive? or if not what would i have to do.

Thanks

Yes it'd require you to format the drive again.

Ok thanks you helped me out a lot.

Funny thing is, this works great with X-box 360 if you got a modded one and one normal I could switch between them and play online if I needed too.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News