Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Some games ONLY work on external USB with CFW?

Sponsored Links
    I have eternal sonata and naild, both of which will only work when I transfer to external usb and press select + X in mulitiman.

I am using Kmeaw 3.55 CFW and latest multiman. I don't have an external HD to load games on. I tested on a 16gb thumb drive. I'd prefer to be able to load my top 5 or 6 games on the internal 120gb (slim).

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That is just how certain games work, there is no way around that. Have you upgraded your internal HD? If so, do you still have the one that came out of it? You can just get a $10 external enclosure and use it as your external drive for running those games. Thats what I do.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No I have not upgraded the internal. There aren't that many PS3 games that get me excited (besides god of war) so I don't need that much space because I only play 2 or three games on the PS3 ever. The internal 120gb is plenty of space for the games I want.

well then that is your option i just put a 500gb internal in mine i mpaid 50 bucks for a bran new seagate, i suggest doing that, no way around it or by an enclosure like severusk mentioned but my opinion for 50 bucks get the internal and do it yourself enclusure will prob cost you 20-30 dollars so that is your only solution dude.

i can't believe only 3 or 4 games interest you with thosands out there.. unreal, obviously you aren't a true gamer. i have or had every system since sega genenis nintedo, activision, and i like to have 2 of each one for testing purposes and one for online play. i'm a gamer fanatic with over 5000 games just for ps3, ps3 and my least favorite xbox 360, so spend 50 dollars and do yourself justice and just to mention out of all those games i have appx 600 are originals go figure, support the scene dude.

Wow, I didn't expect this thread to turn into a "I have more games than you" debate. That's a little juvenile isn't it?

I just wanted to know why some games won't work on internal. Besides, if my original questions involved troubleshooting games working internally vs. externally, how is upgrading the internal hard drive going to fix my problem? The goal is to have the 3 or 4 games I like working on the internal drive.

I never said anything about running out of room internally. I have plenty of room for the games that interest me (the volume of games I play obviously has some significance in whether or not I am a 'true gamer' in your opinion). So what if I don't get excited to sit down and watch 2 hours of cut scenes for 10 minutes of game play. So what if running pointless missions to beat up hookers and randomly steel cars doesn't get my rocks off. To each their own.

I'm used to some good old school nintendo type gaming where focus was on the game play and not so much on graphics and presentation.

Now when a studio can get both right... that's good stuff (God of war series)

I find mostly XBLA and PSN games to be way more entertaining than any full games on PS3 or xbox360 (with the exception of the half life games... can't wait for portal 2)

Hey! fantapoulos! Not to piss on your battery but there aren't even NEAR 5000 games out yet for the ps3. Look at the list on wikipedia, it`s like something in the 600's, not even 1000 games yet. Maybe get your facts straight first before you go all Jackie Chan on KrisFluke.

Oh my. He asked a simple question. He asked nothing about being opinionated in his choice of games or the amount he plays. Who are you to question his want or need to play the games he chooses? "Not a true gamer"? What makes a "true gamer" someone who BS's about the amount of games they have?

Someone, who doesn't go to school or work because they play games all day and receive unemployment benefit? Someone who doesn't bathe for weeks and lives in their mother's basement? What exactly?

I'll bet most of us on here aren't true gamers like you Fantopoulos! We all bow down to your obvious superiority. We are truly not worthy.

Returning to the original question, unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it. The reason I asked if you have upgraded your drive is it is an inexpensive way to get a fairly large external storage device, it had nothing to do with the number of games you can store. If you only care about a few games then a 32 GB flash drive will work just fine, you will just have to switch them in and out if you run over the storage limit.

Not only there are not many games for PS3, but they all suck. The developers have the graphics engine ready and just make a "new" game without inspiration or something really new.

It's just the way it is. I know Modern Warfare 2 only works with Select + X in multiMan off the External Hard drive. I am not sure why though.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News