Page 55 of 173 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

can i update my system (CFW 3.55) to CFW Rogero 4.21 v1.09 without problems ?

Banned User
    no guarantees with anything, but it appears to be pretty stable, and very few bricks. mostly phats with v1.09 and slims with V1

Is it normal that all my previous games fixed and patched for 3.55 CFW (like Jak and Daxter Trilogy, SSX and many others) works with 4.21 CFW?

I'm asking this because I thought was necessary to use the original eboot; thanks for clarifications

i have the old FAT version of PS3.... is this ok , or must i have the slim version ?

Banned User
    some people had problems, but all mine worked fine too. i think it must depend on how they were patched. its the only guess i've got.
    Last edited by G Sus; 10-28-2012 at 11:14 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am really happy about that, I never said that it's a problem for me; I do not have to resign them.

Thanks for reply

Banned User
    i tried the early V1 and reported back that all my games were working, so when people started having problems with some of the same games ive got i was feelin a bit guilty. glad it was easy to sort out though.

As of right now I'm not super knowledgeable on some of the aspects in the scene, and the different versions of 3.55 that are out there. With Kmeaw being the one I had always had, plus had most knowledge with it was the one I stated in my post. If there is an alternative one that would be more practical to use then I'm open to it.

This has been my thought as well for the most part on it, the only thing is I wanted to play Tekken Tag 2 on my CFW ps3 (using the disk on my second ps3 atm so I can at least play it still, but I dont like using discs of games I care about inside the actual console). In reality I'm just asking these questions mostly to gain a bit more knowledge on the subject so I have a bit better understanding since I've been out of the scene for quite a bit.

I assume the procedure for getting back to OFW 3.55 is with the patch on a usb and do it from recovery mode(option 6 I believe?), then patch up to CFW 3.55 from xmb and then install and use ToggleQA (not exactly sure what this does, I'm looking at it but I still dont quite understand its purpose), then from there once again go to recovery menu and update to rogero 4.21 from usb. This all seem right?

Banned User
    if your on 3.55cfw whatever version, and console has never ever been downgraded then you dont need toggle QA really its just a safety precaution and you can upgrade to rogero 4.21V1.09 or Rogero 4.25V1 straight from 3.55cfw really (i did).

downgrading back to 3.55 from either of them requires the 4.25 to 3.55 downgrade pup, which is ran from xmb (all other are from recovery menu) once downgraded back to 3.55 you must install either rogero or kmeaw 3.55 and then you definately have to use Toggle QA.

trying to install a higher firmware without using toggle Q/A on a downgraded console will cause a brick

but like i say neither is 100%brickproof, and your safer on 3.55 at moment and using all the eboots. new ones are released daily hopefully tekken tag 2 will be amongst them soon.

a brick cannot be undone without a hardware flasher. so remember this when calculating wether its worth it or not for just one game

there was a lot of bricks on 4.25V1 so i'd advise avoiding this one
    Last edited by G Sus; 10-28-2012 at 01:57 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Based on experience, which do you guys find better Kmeaw 3.55 or Rogero 4.21 v1.09 CFW? Curious, for this will determine me upgrading...Thx in advance!