Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 19 of 173 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    just wanted to post my experience with this new cfw. i have a slim ps3 with qa flagging.

was on 4.21 DEX, downgraded to 3.55 DEX (using downgrade), installed 3.55 DEX (to be safe), reinstalled my CEX flash dump using mm CEX to get back to original targetID, installed kmeaw 3.55 (cex), then installed rogero 4.21 cfw. the two games i've tested (borderlands 2 & civilization revolution) work perfectly off of ext. USB hdd using the latest mm cex.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    another successfull upgrade from kmeaw, wonder if its coincidence. we'll never know until the proper cfw is released

might never know then either lol
    Last edited by G Sus; 10-23-2012 at 08:10 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    with the keys being released is it possible now to trick the ps3 into doing an OTA Firmware update of CFW? or would you need access to where the normal updates are hosted. just a theory.

i've been out for 3 days!! and whats happening

WELCOME BACK

so far i don't see any ps3 hack yet, these are keys been leaked and we use it to play games, i hope someone there got an exploit goin on and getting all these keys every time $0ny do an update and i hope this exploit will be be released and keys will keep comin

now someone can upload journey
    Last edited by tommasi; 10-23-2012 at 11:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What exactly is it, that prevents us from installing on OFW higher than 3.55?

CFW are different than OFW, the only reason we were able to install CFWs was due to a bug that was fixed. Since It's fixed, the FW installer recognize It's a CFW and doesn't install it.

From my understanding there was an option in the XMB that allowed you to install system updates on OFW 3.55 and below? so we cannot just plug in a usb drive with the update file in the ps3 folder to do a system update. option is no longer there. so we normally get updates through the xmb when it tells us. Now why not trick the ps3 into updating a CFW over lan some how tricking it?

could be multiple reasons why it wouldn't work. but we need a new exploit! I can't stop trying to think of ways..

Just to clarify, can I update to this from Rogero's previous 3.55 CFW that he released last week? OR do you have to reinstall OFW 3.55 first?

Pretty sure you can still install system updates on USB using Recovery Menu, so yeah, the option is there, but the FW installer knows the difference between CFW and OFW.

I don't want to sound rude, but hacking the PS3 is quite complex and devs are usually people who've already graduated, you can't really think of ways of exploiting this If you have no experience in reverse engineering. You'll most likely come up with things dev already tried or just useless theories that don't really make sense.

superjon27, you shouldn't update to this CFW at all. Sadly this CFW was kinda rushed and not very reliable, he will work on another version.

Sponsored Links