Following up on his previous
update, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Rogero
has updated to Rogero CEX 4.40 v1.02 PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) followed by a VSH patched version for ReActPSN
with details below.
Size: 193 MB (202,921,747 bytes)
CEX-4.40 v1.02 with ReActPSN Patch Fixed and All DLC Working - this is a FINAL release.
Size: 193 MB (202,891,027 bytes)
Download: installPKG [SingStar Replacement] v2
(485 Kb) / installPKG[SingStar Replacement-V0101]
Rogero CFW4.40 v1.02 Changelog:
- v1.00 (initial build)
- v1.01 (private beta build)
- This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40
- Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content.
- Added the needed patches for the Original "*Install Package Files" Credits to Szalay and "hidden Man".
- HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem.
- Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
- Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support.
- Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
- Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support.
- QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu.
- RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won't fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
- PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current "passphrase" still the same but it's not recommended.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.40 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed.
- The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers using the new tool "PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04".
: The Changelog never said that the CFW had the ReactPSN patch, vsh.self on 4.40 is different from the 4.30 version so the old reactPSN patch won't work until ported again to 4.40 (I never used reactPSN before personally so I didn't bother about it)
I never reply for such comments usually, but I decided to reply now for the sake of clearing up some facts that you obviously don't know:
- The first 4.21 CFW released by me was something very new and different from the 3.55 CFWs, and It was only a cracked version of the BlueDisk CFW that wanted to charge users online to install it. (all the bugs and bricks resulted in the fist 4.21CFW were coming from the BlueDisk CFW itself, i just cracked it by removing the module responsible of the DRM checks in the CFW, I didn't build the CFW itself) and that was done quickly just to prevent any DRM story from taking place into the scene again like TrueBlue... (maybe i should have let it alone and never cared ...)
- The 4.30 CFW versions were the first 4.xx builds from scratch using OFW4.30 files, Sony have added a lot of security measures since 3.55 and building a 4.xxCFW was so much different and harder then 3.55CFW especially having a way to add the "install package" feature again was a real challenge (until Szalay released the correct patch for it, Thanks Szalay) since the DEX4.30 FW was not available yet, so we worked out many solutions and improvements through many versions of the 4.30 CFW until CFW4.30 v2.05 which basically had everything fixed and running great. (while there was not still any other 4.30 CFW running as stable as v2.05)
- Then DEX4.30 was leaked and made public so it was normal to see other CFW released then without going through all the steps mentioned earlier... Anyway, I barely have free time to work on scene releases lately, my personal work is expanding a lot and i started to lose interest in the scene too.
Finally, from CaptainCPS-X
: Guys DO NOT update to Rogero CFW 4.40 v1.02 (if you did just install Rogero CFW 4.30 v2.05 from XMB again if you like). I do not recommend it since everything that has to do with reActPSN is not working, PS2 Classics, DLC, PSOne, PSN games, etc.
More PlayStation 3 News