Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    One thing kinda odd. I changed to this new cfw yesterday, updated a few games and they worked (the ones i updated). Now though i go to play one of those said updated games and it just boots back to xmb with no error code or anything. I try to go back and see if i need to updated again and it either said its up to date or info on the game couldn't be found.
    What games go back to XMB. We probably could help more knowing the title of the game. Some games prefer internal over external or vice versa.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I tried the Marvel Super Hereos and Midnight club games. Now that i think about it there where a couple that didnt even make it back to xmb (GTA V) just stalled on a black screen and couldnt even use the controller to go back to xmb, had to manually press the power button on the console.
    Last edited by New Guy; 04-19-2014 at 10:50 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I backed up GTA V to my internal hdd and have no issues. I just have disc in PS3 to play it. Mine is US version

Midnight club games should work fine on both internal / external. If you had previous eboot fix, update the game

I don't know about Marvel Super Heroes. A lot of games might require you to delete game data and then try again.

If the game was working before, it should still work now if you updated or changed to original eboot.

Check through this thread for Retail game fixes and or updates:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...tml#post469639
    Last edited by windrider42; 04-20-2014 at 02:58 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I been doing updates from the ps3 itself since there are so many it would waste alot of time doing it on the pc.

So im going through each game 1 by 1 and updating and making sure they work. I have been through #-E with all seemingly fine so far cept 2.

Disgaea 3 - No errors codes but either from disc or PS3 folder it just goes to black screen and thats it. It lets me go back to xmb without a hard reset.

EA Sports MMA- Error code 80028F14

*yes they are both updated

-i'll be at this for a while with the little spare free time i have

You do have BD Emulator enabled in Multiman?

If not, sometimes reinstalling multiman should fix the error code.

You did update CFW to Rogero 4.55 correct?

Yes its enabled. I usually download/update via mm but i'll DL from pc and try that thanks.

Ok. If you still have some games that Black screen, and you tried BD Mirror, had disc in PS3, then try psnpatch and hit L2 when running the program. It will patch game to run on 4.46+

And for psn games, you need the 4.xx fix, or resign the 3.55 to work on 4.xx CFW

It is quite a pain in that senses coming from 3.55 CFW, but once done its way better.

Thank you for the help. psnpatch for pc or pkg?

I'm already re-downloading those two but still would like to know about psnpatch.

How would I find any patches? The only ones i have ever came across are for 3.55. Or how would i "resign" them cause Im betting there more steps than editing an eboot/param.sfo

Resigning is so simple anymore. Use Aldostools PS3tools - [Register or Login to view links]

Kudos to Aldostools. He has so many tools, makes life simpler

I was able to extract the contents of the psn pkg and edit the .sfo to 4.50

Is this how i would change a older psn pkg to work on 4.50?

How to do i repackage the extracted files back into an installable .pkg?

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News