Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Confused Retail PS3 on 3.55 Rebug to use as test kit

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I'm totally new to this rebug and all such hacks for the ps3. With rebug, i seem to be able to see the debug settings of the ps3, which are available on a test kit or a dev kit.

But, in no way i can get the target manager to connect to the ps3. So, is it possible at all to use the current ps3 for deploying and debugging at home?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Settings are not permanent, if this is your problem. you will need a real debug console. OVer all, if you're going to develop a homebrew, for example, cex+rebug will be more than enough. If you're trying to connect to the debug network, is locked now. I hope i answered to all your doubts.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you plan on doing actual developing - a TEST kit may be your best option. They are fairly cheap (now), you don't have to worry about FW issues, and you can be on the latest FW.

Rebug kernel is still retail and so this cfw do not support unsigned stuff.

To clarify Rebug is patched to support unsigned stuff.

Yea ? Then take a fself and try to run them.

oh, do you mean that : unsigned stuff = fself ? ok, you should be more clear if that is what you mean?

FYI: Unsigned stuff means a lot of things when talking about CFW. Rebug supports unsigned stuff too

Its great now that rebug Lv2 Loader tool is out that we can load a debug lv2 on rebug. Those rebug guys are really doing great things in their quest to CEX to DEX retail consoles.

cfwprophet: I see you are almost a top 5 poster on here now, just a few more days, you must be proud of yourself
    Last edited by CeXML; 02-18-2012 at 07:23 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Seems like a lot of spammyness to get your post count up...?

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    If you plan on doing actual developing - a TEST kit may be your best option. They are fairly cheap (now), you don't have to worry about FW issues, and you can be on the latest FW.
    Could you explain the advantages/differences of a real Debug 3.55 PS3 vs QA flagged 3.55 rebug with dex lv2? Havnt seen any proper info on this TBH, is it that it links with PC or what is the real list of advantages as no one seems to really know exactly. Thanks for any info you might have on this, I know your are the expert on this kind of thing around here. (i know the obvious main advantage is the ability to update to latest debug 4.10 FW (and downgrade again?) but I mean differences other than that really)

Quote Originally Posted by mushy409 View Post
    Seems like a lot of spammyness to get your post count up...?
    You said it. lol! 1720+ is a lot for any "developer" to have on any site, don't know how he finds the time with all the PS3 developing/videos! Don't even know how i've found the time to make 13+ posts and i'm not developing or making videos atm!

Well, I've yet to use a box with a DEX LV2, but assuming it has the onboard debugger enabled, there would be little difference.

As you said, the ability to go between the latest and oldest FW's is a nice benefit to a real TEST. Plus, if you are making something in which you need true, accurate FW, without the worry of "is this crashing because of my app, or because of the kernel" - you might be better off with a TEST. But for general "hobbyist", a modified retail box would probably do the trick.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News