Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ap0ll069 View Post
    I am totally new user and don't have any idea about jail breaking... how can I jailbreak my ps3 of firmware version 3.65?
    A little off-topic for this thread, but see here: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...oko-brick-fix/

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can't jailbreak firmware 3.65 yet you need to have a ps3 with 3.55 or lower.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by pimix2009 View Post
    I understand that but when you said some games need, do you mean original disc ? because the disc on the drive were not the game I was trying to start. However, the game from my usb drive started from selecting the disc and not the " app home/PS3_GAME." This where I dont get it cuz if they're both the same then why is the disc option seems to work on some games that the "app home..." option won't work?
    They are only the same if there is no disc inserted and that's only on the CFWs that will show it when there is no disc inserted. Once there is a disc in there they do not function the same. You can use any original disc.

Edit: I do have a question myself, where is the option to disable HDCP? Is it not present in 3.55.2?
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 08-05-2011 at 11:24 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Rebug PS3 3.70 Version Spoofer 2.0 and Update Packages Arrive

Following up on the PS3 NFW 3.55 v2 with v3.70 Spoof Custom Firmware from earlier today, Sony PlayStation 3 hackers Cyberskunk and evilsperm have now released a Rebug PS3 3.70 Version Spoofer 2.0 and Rebug Update Package v0.1 (3.41.3) and v0.3 (3.55.2).

This or any other spoofer won't allow you to play newer Firmware PS3 games or access PSN without updating the PlayStation 3 console.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: THIS DOESNT ALLOW PSN - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - THIS WILL NOT WORK ON REBUG FIRMWARE

3.70 Version Spoofer 2.0

3.70 Version Spoofer 2.0 is available for 3.41 and 3.55 firmware and is much faster and safer to use than the previous version spoofers. It works like the Rebug Selector and backs up your current files before activating the spoof, then auto reboots leaving no room for end-user error.

INSTALL: Press L1+CROSS to INSTALL 3.70 Version Spoof files to your PS3

ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE: Press L1+CROSS to ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE (System will reboot)

UNINSTALL: Press L1+CIRCLE to UNINSTALL (this will deactivate the spoofer, remove the spoof files from dev_flash and reboot if needed)

Enjoy.. Big thanks to blastleaf for the artwork.

Rebug Update Package 0.1 (3.41.3) and 0.3 (3.55.2)

We have made Rebug Update Package 0.1 (3.41.3) and Rebug Update Package 0.3 (3.55.2) (Includes Rebug Update Package 0.2) mainly to update REBUG’s version spoof files to 3.70

UPDATER WILL PERFORM THE FOLLOWING TASKS
    • Update the Rebug Selector package to Rebug Selector 1.6 (Fixes some freezing issues)
    • Update the current version spoof files to 3.70
    • Fix NORMAL MODE exit crash (3.55.2 ONLY)

INSTALL
    • Install Rebug_Update_Package.pkg file from XMB
    • Run Rebug Update Package from the [Games] menu
    • Follow the on screen prompts
    • PS3 will reboot if needed when finished

NOTE: Once the PS3 has rebooted you can delete Rebug Update Package from your XMB as it is not needed.. Enjoy

Rebug PS3 3.70 Version Spoofer 2.0 and Update Packages Arrive

More PlayStation 3 News...

Can I/Do I run this spoofer straight on 3.55 cfw KMEAW? or do I need REBUG CFW first?

They said it won't work on Rebug CFW above, however, all it does is prevent you from updating your PS3's Firmware to the current version. It's handy if someone besides yourself may update the console without you knowing, but for most users who are in control of what happens to their PlayStation 3 the spoofer probably isn't a necessity.

Just to clarify, this or any other spoofer won't allow you to play newer Firmware PS3 games or access PSN without updating the PlayStation 3 console. I will add that to the first post now as well.

I hope Rebug Selector 1.6 included into Rebug Update package for 3.41.3 will be fully working. The previous one (that is Rebug Selector 1.5) didn't work properly. In case it is bad, I'll contact again evilsperm.

Arrow Rebug Disable Cinavia Installer (3.41 & 3.55) for PS3 Custom Firmware

Here is a Rebug Disable Cinavia Installer (3.41 & 3.55) for PS3 Custom Firmware users which disables the Cinavia protection on CFW.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote from Cyberskunk: Disable Cinavia Installer for 3.41 and 3.55 CFW/MFW will permanently install the necessary ‘Cinavia Free’ video modules (excluding AVCHD/Blu-ray) to your PS3.

This has been a feature of the REBUG firmware from the start but since there seems to be a lot of interest by users of other CFW/MFW we thought we would make an easy installer for everyone.

USAGE:
    • Install Disable_Cinavia_3xx.pkg
    • Run Disable Cinavia Installer (3.xx) from [Game] menu in XMB
    • PS3 will reboot

Enjoy

On a related but not directly note.. Is there a Step by Step How to on JB your PS3 ? I have a Fat PS3 with 3.30 on it and no Bluray drive. Digging around to see how to upgrade every one seems to be mentioning something KMEAW and Rebug.. but not sure which one offers what ? i.e. features and of course a step by step how to JB sticky would be nice

Edit: I found the guide.. (How to and FAQ's for JB) Link below for those interested.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...de-118615.html

Don't know how I missed it Blind in excitement of getting a JB'able PS3 i guess. One small request though.. and I'll be posting it on the relevant thread. But basically this needs to be revised to include the 3.55.2 update/3.70x spoof info.
    Last edited by jabberosx; 08-31-2011 at 03:15 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I merged your edit... also if you (or anyone) writes a revised section for 3.55.2 or 3.7x I will add it to the guide linked as well.

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast