Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

CFW Rebug 3.55.2 Other OS problem

Sponsored Links
    Okay guys i've been running only the rebug 3.55.2 without the other os options because i didn't have a keyboard and a mouse.Today i bought them and i whanted to install the rebug 3.55.2 other os version and i installed it and then i dont know what to do.

I mean like i know on other cfw you should format the hard disk but in the rebug site there was written "Both of the REBUG OtherOS++ PUP’s will give you 22GB of OtherOS HDD space" so i thought it is formatted already. Could you tell me what i should do to get the other os running?
    Last edited by Windstyle; 07-21-2011 at 07:45 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can find out exactly how to install Linux by going here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...tml#post378695

Make sure you make note if you have a NAND or NOR, you will be able to tell by looking at the model number on the back of your PS3 and by following the codes listed under the How To section.

And then directly below that, follow the Install OtherOS on HDD (for all PS3 models) section, it's probably safe to skip over the vflash for region 7 section, especially if you have a NAND.

And finally, any files referenced in the guide below are provided on the same page, just scroll a bit and you will find them.
    Last edited by palyons; 07-22-2011 at 11:36 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank you very much Actually my ps3 is CECH-2004B (16MB NOR) however after i restored my ps3 i made my partition for linux. I was reading the guide and i can't actually understand this:

"10. Run script create_hdd_region.sh".

How can i run this script actually ?

The easiest I can tell you would be to put the create_hdd_region.sh file in the root of either a usb card reader or portable hard drive, and insert it into the first usb port on your PS3. You would then want to change into the directory in which your usb device is mounted: by typing: cd /tmp/petitboot/mnt/sdd1/ ; then you would need to copy that file to root by typing cp create_hdd_region.sh / and go back to root by typing cd / and then chmod 777 create_hdd_region.sh and lastly execute it by doing sh ./create_hdd_region.sh.

However be warned that once you power off your PS3 all the files you've copied over such as create_hdd_region.sh will be removed, but this won't matter in the end. One final important step to do is refer to Step 2 again in the guide, which reads, "When installation is finished, go to recovery menu and choose 'Restore PS3 System'".

Otherwise your PS3 will not see the space reserved for linux. Also the part I underlined sdd1, if you put the usb device in the first port that should be the mount point if not it will be somewhere in the parent directory.

Could you explain this for a noob where should i type this. I haven't started yet i just finished the part with the recovery menu. I was just wondering what is this and if i got ot part 10 of the guide what should i do.
    Last edited by Windstyle; 07-23-2011 at 10:15 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is it resolved?

Question. It worth upgrading my 3.15FW 60GB PS3 so I can upgrade and use Rebug firmware? I know I would lose Sony's OtherOS, but is OtherOS++ better? Also, should I upgrade to 3.41 or 3.55?

Also, does the HDCP On/Off setting included in Rebug? If yes, does On allow for dvd/br plackback and off disable dvd/br playback while gaming works for both on/off?

not really look my last post.

I meant that i don't understand the part 10 if i got to that part i could stuck there.
    Last edited by Windstyle; 07-24-2011 at 05:19 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i think it works..

PS3 Rebug CFW Question

It worth upgrading my 3.15FW 60GB PS3 so I can upgrade and use Rebug firmware? I know I would lose Sony's OtherOS, but is OtherOS++ better? Also, should I upgrade to 3.41 or 3.55 Rebug?

Also, does the HDCP On/Off setting included and working in Rebug? If yes, does "On" allow for dvd/br movie plackback and "off" disable dvd/br playback while gaming works for both "on/off"?

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast