Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Confused

How do you uninstall this cos it won't upload mw2 updates or WatW wtf !!! bro errors when i install game update grhhhh!! help !!!

Does this cfw work with games 3.60+?

No it is a 3.55.v2 rebug their is higher version like 4.11 dex and 4.21 dex but if you are not technically sound i would not recommend it,you can do a lot more but need some extended knowledge to do the other things, and always a possibility of bricking system so read tutorials and then decide, i chose not to i had it but had glitches so i went back to 3.55 cheers read and decide

Rebug 3.55.2 PSN Enabler and 4.25 Spoof v0.7r3 Update PKG Out

Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Nightbird has released a Rebug 3.55.2 PSN Enabler and 4.25 Spoof v0.7r3 update package (PKG) for those using the Rebug PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW).

Download: Rebug 3.55.2 PSN Enabler and 4.25 Spoof v0.7r3 Update PKG

To quote: Here is a patched Rebug 0.7 Update Package to enable PSN and v4.25 spoofing on Rebug 3.55.2 Firmware. You must already be using Rebug FW 3.55.2 to use this. If you have already installed Rebug's Official Update 0.7 before, you can still install this. This package relies on you using Rebug's own CEX / DEX Selector to change between 3.55 and 4.25 (PSN access).

Info:

I have used all original Rebug files and patched them manually. The 'version.txt' was pulled from the original 4.25 pup. Selfs and 'index.dat' were rebuilt using fail0verflow tools. 'vsh.self.swp' and 'vsh.self.cexsp' are correctly patched to enable PSN access, 4.25 spoofing and switching between Debug and Retail XMB modes without causing RSOD. There are basically 3 modes:
    • Mode: Normal XMB: Debug = no spoofing (3.55), no PSN access, has 'Debug' options in 'Settings'.
    • Mode: Rebug XMB: Debug = Spoofed (4.25), PSN enabled, has 'Debug' options in 'Settings'.
    • Mode: Rebug XMB: Retail = Spoofed (4.25), PSN enabled, no 'Debug' options in 'Settings'.

All above modes are tested working with Reactpsn.

Credits:

Thanks to Itskamel for his perseverance in sussing out how the fw version should be written in the self. The anonymous source who released the current PSN pass-phrase. Fail0verflow for their tools. Rebug.

Installation Instructions:

Before you install this package, make sure you are in 'normal' mode (3.55) and are not using any other spoofers. If you are, disable and uninstall them. If you have been using FckPSN, put your original 'CA27.cer' back. If you are already spoofed (rebug mode) using Rebug's CEX/DEX selector, use it again to change back to 3.55. Do this by pressing 'L1 + Cross(X)' within the selector. Status should say 'Normal Mode'. Exit selector and check system FW is 3.55.

Now install the 'Rebug_PSN_UPDATE_0.7r3_3.55.2.pkg' from the link below. If you get the message 'same version already installed, continue' select 'YES'.

Now run 'Rebug Unofficial PSN Update Package 0.7r3 (3.55.2)' from XMB (ignore the stuff about v4.11). Select 'YES'. You will get a message 'Update Complete - System Will Reboot'.

After reboot, go back into Rebug's CEX/DEX selector. Press 'L1 + Circle(O)' to activate Rebug mode. Press 'PS' button and exit the selector. System will reboot. Now check in system settings/info that your firmware version says 'version 4.25'.

If it does, you have done the above procedure correctly and you can now log in to PSN. You can also now uninstall 'Rebug Unofficial PSN Update Package 0.7r3 (3.55.2)' from XMB.

Note: If you haven't installed Rebug's CEX/DEX selector, you can find it in 'Install Package Files'/'PS3 Hard Disk'. Both versions 1.5.1 and 1.6.1 work fine. This is for Rebug 3.55.2 Firmware only.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Just tried this. Couldn't log in. Anybody gotten this to work?

Works fine.

works perfect thank you for sharing this PS3NEWS.

same here, cannot log in ? maybe psn maintaince ?

Yup. Must have been a psn hiccup because I was finally able to log in on the second day of trying.

Do not install 4.10 mfw cfw by techondon (no way to run games)

Quote Originally Posted by jykelly View Post
    Yup. Must have been a psn hiccup because I was finally able to log in on the second day of trying.
    How exactly did you get it to work? I keep getting asked to update my firmware after fresh install of Rebug and the spoofer.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast