Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No a spoof is a kind of fake the console. Your base is still the same you have but the code in RAM which defines the version of your ps3 is changed to what ever. But this don't magically installs a BD-FW to your drive which only hase the decryption keys in it.

The BD-FW is till now unhacked or better say not decrypt able. So no chance to get hands on those keys to decrypt a movie and encrypt with older keys. You will need to update so the update can install the new bd fw with the new movie keys to the drive

Sponsored Links

PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.02 for Rebug 3.55.2 CFW Arrives

Sponsored Links
    This weekend DeViL303 has made available PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.02 for Rebug 3.55.2 CFW which allows Custom Firmware users to examine the PlayStation 3 file system with details outlined below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by bitsbubba / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by bitsbubba / [Register or Login to view links] by bitsbubba / [Register or Login to view links] by andreus / [Register or Login to view links] by andreus / [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] by aldostools / [Register or Login to view links] by andreus / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] by aldostools

To quote: I have made a little XMB mod for Rebug 3.55.2 that I call XMB File Manager (XMBFM). It is a modded version of Rebug's package manager that allows the entire ps3 filesystem to be browsed and also any files deleted.

I'm hoping to add things like copy function etc but would like to get feedback and help if anyones game. This wont work on standard CFW for now but i will hopefully release a standard version soon if anyone thinks I should bother.

This is a beta version for anyone who might be interested in helping me test it or improve on it.

It requires you to switch 2 files from dev_flash. heres a quick tut:
    • I use multiman by selecting the mount dev_flash to dev_blind option.
    • then copy over the 2 files to thier locations
    • category_game.xml goes in dev_blind/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/
    • explore_plugin_full.rco goes in dev_blind/vsh/resource/

This is perfectly safe and I have even tested deleting most of dev_flash before and its easy reinstall FW through recovery menu so dont worry, just make sure you are on Rebug 3.55.2, It migtht cause a error on normal 3.55CFW

Have fun and let me know if you have an ideas on how I could expand it by adding things like copy function etc. Im not the best at this so any help is much appreciated?

Big Thanks to Cyberskunk and Evilsperm (Team Rebug) for the package manager which this is based on.

PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.06 for Rebug 3.55.2 CFW Changelog:
    • Added a new Vita utility category WIP
    • Changed some things around
    • New Titles and explanations
    • More Vita msgs from 4.00 added to explore_plugin_full
    • One release that shows in both retail and debug XMB's now (3 files to copy)
    • After installing this version you will notice your Remote Play description is updated to look like the latest version available too , cosmetic but looks nice.

PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.06c for Rebug 3.55.2 CFW Changelog:
    • This update will only show up in the retail menu.
    • Have now added a "Information" link above all the others inside the XMBFM, it opens the browser and links to the release thread!
    • Also added a built in XMBFM updater section that is based on the F@H download section from network xmls

PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.06c for Rebug 3.55.2 CFW (Latest) Changelog:
    • Easier for people to install.
    • Just swap the 3 files contained in LATEST.PS3.XMBFM.zip and that's it.

PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.08 for 3.55 / 3.41 CFW Changelog (via ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/2431-UPDATED?p=28681#post28681):
    • OK fixed view in all languages & ingame XMB, also injected it into the latest REBUG Package Manager installer (for easier install) which makes it compatible to 3.41/3.55 (also with or without REBUG red PSN icon) so this is v0.8 --> XMBFM v0.8 (3.41/3.55)

PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.08a for 3.55 / 3.41 CFW Changelog (via ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/2431-UPDATED?p=28709#post28709):
    • XMBFM v0.8a (3.41/3.55) with new icons by PS3hen

PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.08b for 3.55 / 3.41 CFW Changelog (via ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/2431-UPDATED?p=28742#post28742):

I have made a change to the 2 xml files based on last bitsbubba package xmls.

1. Organized and comment xmls for better understanding
    2. Edited category_game_tool2.xml to automatcally fetch the data from category_game.xml as i suggested to devil. With this we only have to edit category_game.xml!

PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.08b (PS3 XMBFM v0.08b Mod NoWIP-YTXL.xml) for 3.55 / 3.41 CFW (via psx-scene.com/forums/f6/article-100732/index2.html#post951313)

I have modified the DeViL303/andreus xml v0.08b:

1- I changed the "Information" link to YouTube XL - I find it more useful than a link to a forum
    2- I remarked/removed the 2 useless WIP icons to unclutter it a bit: the "PS Vita System Application Utility" icon is a duplicate of PS3 Game Data Manager, the "Life with Playstation" is just a link to Rogero.

Credits to DeViL303, ps3hen, andreus, bitsbubba, and others that I forget to mention...

PS3 XMB File Manager Beta v0.09 for 3.55 / 3.41 CFW Changelog (via ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/2431-UPDATED?p=29020#post29020):
    • Included Andreus's improved custom Filesystem browser with icons and better info. Its way better.
    • Removed entry for original filemanger but left the code in so people can compare if they want, Andreus's is over 100 times more code and very flexible and future proof
    • Added some more icons and made some titles more user friendly in andreus's FM, removed all usb devices except 000, 001, and 006, feedback ? do we need the others, i suppose for old 4 port phats maybe?
    • Changed FM code so dev_blind only shows in debug mode/xmb for safety so people dont delete thier dev_flash (added a warning too).
    • Changed icons for vita manger (still WIP), changed "info" title to "PS3Crunch Release Thread" , updated it to newer link.
    • Moved in gamedata , savedata and savedata minis/psp from main XMB to XMBM (havnt done mc utility yet as was told there might be a bug with that so more testing required)
    • Some more changes to the updater link, stil WIP, not workin, server error now, getting worse, must revert back to brewology link, at least it downloaded with that one.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

screen_DeletePSVitaSystemsBackupFiles.jpg   Updated Remote Play Description- PS Vita .jpg   HPIM3778.jpg   XMBFM.WIP.POC.jpg   XMBFMv0.06c-pic1.jpg   XMBFMv0.06c-pic2.jpg  

XMBFMv0.06c-pic3.jpg   XMBFMv0.06c-pic4.jpg   XMBFMv0.06c-pic5.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry to be the one to say this but, any link that is multiupload is not going to work due to legal action on the site. We need new links to over one 3rd of of the content links on this site because of this.

The MultiUpload ones work fine for me.. earlier tonight the site wasn't accessible but now it is fine here along with the links. Others?
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

XMBMv0.09.jpg   XMBMv0.09-pic1.jpg   XMBMv0.09-pic2.jpg   XMBMv0.09-pic3.jpg   XMBMv0.09-pic4.jpg  

Yeah it wasn't working a couple of hours ago but it is all fine now.

great job DeVIL303 i see this is going to be a great tool that can be implemented into future cfw +respect

Weird Just saw that DeViL303 start to lie about the Team AC1D story/cfwprophet. Actually DeViL303 reproduce exactly what cfwprophet said in private to him, nothing come from DeViL303 but from the private conversation between him and cfwprophet

Now i'm gonna tell you the true about all that... because have some misunderstood, the unknow guy was me but cfwprophet didn't understand all my explanation about the process of the dongle (it's simply a missing from cfwprophet) i didn't talk only about the dongle but everythings about the PS3 and the PS Vita

When i was talking in private to cfwprophet about many things and show how it can works, cfwprophet was also in private conversation with DeViL303 and repeat to him was explaining to cfwprophet

I said to cfwprophet i don't to be related to what's gonna happen after all the investigation and works, i don't have any news from him, hope everythings it's ok but DeViL303 try to take all the credits, also i don't understand what's going on between him and another person try to reproduce exactly the works

Like i said it's not like that you would have any help from dev, when other people works harder, other just copy paste what they saw, i already said in the past to be carefull with some people that like to play with that.

Now let's back about the error of some fake dev.

The PS3 have different boot process to confirm that everythings it's ok
    -Sprx = Plugin/drivers we can compare this to the dll (windows)
    -XML = reference everythings that related to load the plugin/drivers, we can compare this to the inf

if you add a new entry on the XML with the correct direction -> you can load what you need (you need also to respect the limitation and restriction of the XML)

About the XML connection

When you add a new entry on the XML with all the right configuration, the XML call the appropriate system files

For example, i want to load Playstation Network -> add the path playstation network, the src (call function) and the key

[Register or Login to view code]

Key = your path name
    Attr = related to your path name
    Src = source of the system call
    (and the initial = call function)
    In here it's the example of the call function from the gamedir 4.0

Now if with compare with the gamedir 3.55

[Register or Login to view code]

We can see that the call function it's different. the new xml call function from 4.0 add this new entry

AP+An+Game:Game.category BV+An+Game:Game.category WT+AG+Game:Common.stat.rating 300"

AP - BV - WT (if you check properly you can see that on the 4.0 the VF don't have AG but AN like others)

For example if you want, you can add the string Emulator PS2/PS1 to your xmb with a call to the self emulator

Now let's talk about the KEYS that most people want to know

The Appldr don't contain the Keys, it's a self program, only include a fake sign, whatever about the Appldr, it's just the loader of the XMB modules/etc.. (not important for the game) also the Appldr is not related to the game execution, for that we ask the gamelib

Some explain about the NPDRM Game direction

The NPDRM include a configuration NPDRM files that call the sys internal path to execute the lib sys gameexec sprx and some other lib sys files. As you can see nothing related to the Appldr or something else. The Game execution are related to the sprx that include any system configuration and api load.

If you want to compare, compare that to the game are executed on your comp (if you don't install the drivers/API and files of your games, how you suppose to launch your games)

The Game execution have nothing to do with KEYS, a eboot.bin is a self include npdrm (generate key) you can generate npdrm key from the original self of your program, like i said on another topic, if you want to launch a program without using the npdrm, you can use the debugger of the PS3 that debug your self execution, for that you replace the eboot.bin by the self of your program and rename this one to eboot.bin

We can continue a long time like that, every response is on the dev_flash, you can also find 3 new cert on the 4.0 firmware that related to the new direction, PS Vita support.

For some sprx you don't need to patch to be load on older firmware, you can import to your older firmware, also the vsh.self is a universal self that can be used on every firmware and to answer to some people think that is not possible to replace the vsh.self, yes it is, also to stop some lier, cfwprophet replace the vsh.self from 3.41 by the 4.00 on the dev_blind path why dev_blind (probably some people don't know) because the dev_flash on a read access mode only you can't replace just file like you need to mount this one on write mode.

Also the sprx related to the vsh.self can be replaced by the new one without problem, keep in mind that the dev_flash update, it's like any flash update on every motherboard computer, you can compare that to a bios, also the dev_flash have a space limitation due to the quantity of memory (it's normal) you can't do everythings you want.

I want to give you more explain right now but i'm a little bit tired (already morning in France) but keep in mind that everythings it's possible and more when you have a big access like that. If you want to bypass the NPDRM, you answer it's here.

This week i'm gonna make a special thread to reveal many things and release some of my works between this week and next week
    Also, i try to fix my 2 YLOD PS3 that don't help a lot to do some strong testing.

You can also control the fan without using a hardmod (speed fan in software mode)

Keep in mind that Sony prepare a new firmware this year to reduce the kernel, update xmb interface (not anymore the same),etc...
    Last edited by Nabnab; 01-23-2012 at 05:16 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Very interesting post but there are some wrongs, for example about keys. It's sure, the app keys and npdrm keys are into appldr, I found them on fw 3.41 and 3.55 one year ago. The app keys are used from ps3 to decrypt the eboot.bin of the games after the games are launched from xmb, if ps3 doesn't have correct keys into apploadr you get an error or a black screen.

From scene developers today we know appldr is included into lv0 of all fw 3.60+, so it is for 4.00, too.

Trust me the app keys/npdrm keys are not on the Appldr (it's a wrong way) like some stuff on the PS3Dev Wiki put on the wrong way the research, appldr -> lib -> cell system call -> decrypt -> verified -> launch the lv0 it's one of the step after you press the power button that load the system and verification, also confirm that some stuff are correct and initialize them.

let's talk about the lv0.2, the lv0.2 is a subloader related to the lv0, the job of the lv0.2 is to save on a cache the confirmation and works of the lv0. no one of them have what some people think, actually the Cell include a background task that generate a key to decrypt the rest of the system (including lv0) cell system call.

the step of the booting PS3 system = only loader program that send specific command to the cell system (real time generate key)
    A key it's just a Key, like i said you can generate your key to load your self program into a NPDRM.
    Last edited by Nabnab; 01-23-2012 at 09:49 PM

It's nice to find someone as you in order to talk about these arguments here on forum. Happy to be joined here, Nabnab.

I would like to debate with you about this here or on a specific topic, or in pm if you want. Now let me ask: are you able to demonstrate what you say? I can demonstrate you the keys are into appldr, can you do the same with your theories?

I'm very interesting about what you said on "you can generate your key to load your self program into a NPDRM."

Can you give me the npdrm key working for fw 4.00?
    Last edited by Ezio; 01-24-2012 at 03:43 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast