Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Toggle QA PS3 PKG for Rebug Custom Firmware is Released

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous updates, this weekend Sony PlayStation 3 hackers Cyberskunk and evilsperm have released a Toggle QA PS3 PKG for Rebug Custom Firmware users.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: THIS SOFTWARE WRITES TO THE PS3 EEPROM USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

After having to QA a few PS3 in a row. Then installing a different firmware straight after, it was time to cut out the middleman.

Toggle QA will SET/RESET the QA Flag and Token on any 3.41 or 3.55 firmware that has lv1 mmap and lv2 peek and poke patches (which is most of them).

When you run the app it first detects if the PS3 is 3.41 or 3.55. Next it will check if your firmware has any of the required lv1 patches already and only patch the hypervisor with the ones you need. After it finishes patching Toggle QA will check the status of the QA Flag and SET/RESET it accordingly. Then once the QA SET/RESET is done any lv1 patches made will be removed.

HOW TO USE:

1: Install toggle_qa.pkg
    2: Run Toggle QA from XMB
    3: PS3 will beep and return to XMB. (If you do not hear a beep it has not worked)

NOTE: Every now and then it will hang on the lv1 patching stage. If it has not beeped and returned to the XMB after about 30secs you will need to reboot and try again.

Enjoy.

~ Codename: REBUG

Credit and Thanks:
    Big thanks to graf and glevand for the hypervisor work.
    Everyone involved in getting the QA Flag/Token working back many moons ago.

Toggle QA PS3 PKG for Rebug Custom Firmware is Released

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice tool!

I think toggle_qa.pkg is nice for all guys haven't yet activated qa-flag on their ps3, not useful for me since I have already activated qa-flag on my ps3 many "moons" ago.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've had my ps3 qa flagged for a long time but its actually quite useless really.

Banned User
    What does QA flag do anyway? If its for devs then we don't need it. If its for playing backups or something like that then I'll do it.

Another thing, how can you tell if QA flag is on or off?

BTW, I found out how to know. Put in the key combo and the extra stuff turns up.

Looks like this worked.
    Last edited by spunkybunny; 12-11-2011 at 10:41 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's for install any firmware without factory service.

You can check if active using the button combination. If special debug menu pop, it's active.

very nice

thx rebug

And QA flag gives option like enable WMA without an internet connection. And some little tricks. Nothing to play with, some options are better left untouched. But no, nothing devs-only.

Please, can you tell me if it works with Kmeaw 3.55 CFW?

so can i just install this pkg over rebug 3.41 3 or do i need the linux version and all that as well. do i need anything else other than the rebug and this pkg to QA flag my ps3?

You mean QA? This method exists from long for kmeaw..

Sponsored Links
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast