Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rebug 4.41.1 Lite Edition and Rebug 4.30.2 D-REX Edition PS3 CFW Out

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous updates, Sony PlayStation 3 hackers Cyberskunk and evilsperm of Team Rebug have now made available Rebug 4.41.1 Lite Edition followed by 4.41.2 Lite and Rebug 4.30.2 D-REX Edition PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) with details below.

Download: REBUG_4.41.2_LITE_PS3UPDAT.PUP (scmods.com/rebug/firmware/REBUG_4.41.2_LITE_PS3UPDAT.PUP) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / REBUG_4.41.1_LITE_PS3UPDAT.PUP (scmods.com/rebug/firmware/REBUG_4.41.1_LITE_PS3UPDAT.PUP) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / REBUG_4.30.2_D-REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP (scmods.com/rebug/firmware/REBUG_4.30.2_D-REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

To quote: REBUG 4.41.2 LITE EDITION – MAY. 1ST 2013 - FIXED – Bug stopping pkg files installing on non-QA’d PS3

Normally we would not release an entire cfw just for a minor bug but the nature of this one left some people in a state where they could not install a pkg file because they were not QA'd, while at the same time they could not QA because they could not install the pkg file..

This has been completely addressed and there is no more issues. It is recommended for everyone that has already installed 4.41.1 to install this new PUP just in case you deactivate your QA and leave yourself in the chicken/egg state explained above. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.. Enjoy..

REBUG 4.41.1 LITE EDITION – APR. 30TH 2013 FIRST RELEASE - See below for full LITE EDITION features.

REBUG 4.30.2 D-REX EDITION – APR. 30TH 2013 FIRST RELEASE – All 4.30.2 REX EDITION Features (Firmware is identical)

FEATURE - Installs on DEX PS3 System

FEATURES FOR REBUG LITE EDITION FIRMWARE ONLY
    • FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
    • FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
    • FEATURE – Package Manager (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
    • INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 02.xx.xx (Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)
    • PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
    • PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 (Allow mapping of protected memory)
    • PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
    • PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
    • PATCHED - LV2: Peek and Poke support (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
    • PATCHED - LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
    • PATCHED - LV2: LV1 CALL System call (LV2 Syscall 10)
    • PATCHED - VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
    • PATCHED - VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat

From Cyberskunk: These are the patches that allow ReActPSN to work.. YES.. Install from XMB (like always)..
    • PATCHED - VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
    • PATCHED - VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat

You will need to run dev_blind or some other tool to mount writable dev_flash.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (Test File) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

Rename file to explore_plugin.sprx and copy over to the dev_flash/vsh/module dir. Let me know.. You need to mount dev_flash as writeable.. using dev_blind or some other tool.. so if you used dev_blind then you would copy it to the dev_blind/vsh/module dir

Update: You nearly led me on a wild goose chase.. The TEST file i posted works.. It fixes the problem.. Make sure you mount dev_flash as writeable in mM settings and copy to /dev_blind/vsh/modules/ dir. The error is with myself and the people that tested for us.. We did not disable QA during our testing.. If we had of we would have picked it up straight away.. It is a minor bug that is easily fixed..

Anyone that installed the LITE version and was NOT QA'd just needs to install this new PUP.. OR if they have FTP access and writeable dev_flash mounted.. They can use the fixed explore_plugin.sprx that i posted little while ago. Install the new Toolbox after that and QA your PS3.. It has many benefits.

From evilsperm: There is no ETA on full ver. We need to get our hands on the latest DEX FW and so far no one is willing to share

Q: WHAT IS D-REX EDITION?
    A: Basically D-REX EDITION is REX EDITION that can be installed on a REAL DEX or coverted DEX PS3 System.

Q: WHAT IS LITE EDITION?
    A: LITE EDITION is straight up CEX/RETAIL PS3 firmware it has NO DEX/DEBUG features.. AT ALL.

Q: WHY MAKE LITE EDITION?
    A: Because at the moment 4.4x DEX firmware is not in the wild and we 100% refuse to make a version hybrid (using 4.30 DEX files in 4.41). There is approx. 70 files that need to replaced in CEX firmware for it to become a complete DEX firmware. About 40 of those files at least have been updated in the CEX firmware since 4.30 (if you look at 4.40 PS3PATCH.PUP) and more again with 4.40 and 4.41. With so many file changes it makes a nice recipe for instability..

NOTE: Remember to update to the latest Rebug Toolbox included in the LITE EDITION firmware.

Enjoy

~ Codename: REBUG Team

MD5 Hashes:
    • REBUG_4.41.2_LITE_PS3UPDAT.PUP – c974aaf02e14ac002cbb9a0d80a40890
    • REBUG_4.41.1_LITE_PS3UPDAT.PUP – 26db0c444ebf09c9ad58790d57d7a700
    • REBUG_4.30.2_D-REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP - 43a716b43dd6e920323ed4815c780ef3

Note: Currently ALL backup managers will NEED to be UPDATED to support full usage of this Custom Firmware v4.41 PUP on your Sony PlayStation 3 console!!!

Finally, from Estwald (via elotrolado.net/hilo_aplicacion-iris-manager-v2-36p_1862716_s790#p1732366483), roughly translated:

Hello, Notice to mariners that I am in 4.40 and not move from there I think: what others do, is your problem

Meanwhile, Iris Manager is open source: if someone adjusts the pads (on their own) to 4.41 will be added without problem, but you should not expect that job I always touch me, why not.

With 4.40 already happened: Miralatijera adapted it, but made two rulings that touched me solve me, causing no need to rise to 4.40 real and now, when he took nothing, and the people are with 4.41... as for me, that's not going to happen, because I do not like changing socks and CFW how we as a run... .

On the other hand, the issue of regulation is being tested fan while playing (which I will touch ), and so far, it seems to be going well: I had some problems because of the time consumed some functions that generate instability, but it seems that it does not matter so much trouble.

I guess if you do not suffer setbacks, tomorrow publish the tool in another thread, but for now, not be included in Iris Manager. Patches, by the way, are for 4.31 and 4.40.

Regards

Rebug 4.41.1 Lite Edition and Rebug 4.30.2 D-REX Edition PS3 CFW Out

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hmm does that mean reactpsn's gonna need another update? I suppose I'll find out...

the triangle 'edat crack mode' or whatever it is doesn't work on 4.41, but the default raps mode works fine. I'm not sure about circle mode since I don't have any demos to test at the moment.
    Last edited by BerserkLeon; 05-01-2013 at 02:08 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wonderful, i'be been waiting D-REX for a log time!

I'm also happy to see there're some people thinking of what they're doing (any referrement to SGK is totally casual )

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does this mean that Cinavia is enabled on Rebug 4.41? Can anyone confirm?

can hdd be changed with this cfw without downgrading or i have to choose rogero 4.40

What do you mean? if you're just switching out HDDs you can toss any old thing in there and as long as you have an update handy it'll be fine.

If you mean HDD Exchange, it's still there if you have QA enabled. Just have to access the debug menu with the button combo. When I tried it on 4.21 it screwed up my 'new' drive's free space though, so I'd just use the backup utility, if you have the means.

i meant upgrading hdd with this cfw w/o downgrading as its said with rogero 4.4, with rogero's cfw all it has to be done is upgrade hdd reinstall same or higher cfw and thats it,so is it simple same with rebug's cfw?..

Guys make sure you enable QA before installing Rebug 4.41.1 because you wouldn't be able to install pkgs after updating if you're not QA'd.

Issue resolved, Rebug 4.41.2 up...
    Last edited by mschumacher69; 05-01-2013 at 02:48 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wait so will there be a temporary hack like there is for psp? cfw over ofw for us that don't want to fully hack it. i heard there's a dev mode but only sony knows how to do this lol

the link no work thank you

Sponsored Links

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast