Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rebug 4.30.2 REX Edition and Rebug Toolbox 02.01.02 for PS3 Out

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous updates, today PlayStation 3 hackers Cyberskunk and evilsperm of Team Rebug have updated to Rebug 4.30.2 REX Edition and Rebug Toolbox 02.01.02 with the changes outlined below.

Download: Rebug 4.30.2 REX Edition PUP (scmods.com/rebug/firmware/REBUG_4.30.2_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

MD5 Checksums:
    • REBUG_4.30.2_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP abc9e91a4dcc79874f6ac783723e4a9d
    • REBUG-TOOLBOX-02.01.02.pkg - c9b84f723785ccecd5a5350e8e181648

Updates include Toggle QA functionality working on all PS3 CFW's and an xREGISTRY backup and restore function among the revisions.

Rebug 4.30.2 REX Edition - RELEASED REBUG 4.30.2 REX EDTION MAR. 17TH 2013

For all you REX lovers we have finally added 4.30 to the family. As usual it has all the features you have come to expect from REBUG FIRMWARE.

NOTE: Be sure to install Rebug Toolbox 02.01.02 that is included in the PUP for full compatibility in DEX mode. Enjoy..

Rebug Toolbox 02.01.02 - REBUG TOOLBOX 02.01.02 MAR. 17TH 2013
    • ADDED 4.30 DEX Support
    • ADDED Better Support for non-REBUG CFW
    • ADDED Backup/Restore of xRegistry
    • ADDED Toggle QA support for all 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.31 CFW
    • FIXED Bug that stopped LV2 kernel from being reloaded more than once from dev_flash
    • Finally got Toggle QA up and running.. Sorry about the delay but because of some bad lv1 patching in the recent 431 CFW's causing certain parts of the hypervisor to be out by 0x1000 bytes it was a bit of a pain in theass to make it universal... BUT WE DID..

Finally, below is a 4.30.2 Rebug REX DEFAULTDNB Edition Coldboot Mod Pack from DEFAULTDNB as follows:
    • Coldboot.raf - See preview.
    • Coldboot_multi.ac3 - Simple 8 second DNB REBUG intro sound.
    • Coldboot_stereo.ac3 - Simple 8 second DNB REBUG intro sound.

PREVIEW: [Register or Login to view links]
    SOUND DEMO: [Register or Login to view links]
    DOWNLOAD: [Register or Login to view links] (77 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

INCLUDES:
    • Original Files: Coldboot.raf, Coldboot_multi.ac3, Coldboot_stereo.ac3.
    • Custom Files: Coldboot.raf, Coldboot_multi.ac3, Coldboot_stereo.ac3.
    • Conversion Tools: Static Raf Converter 1.0, Xvid4PSP.
    • Original Media: Original Rebug PNG, 2 Edited Rebug PNG's (Edited by myself), Rebug Boot Sound
    • MP3 (Created by myself)

HOW TO:

Editing Boot Image: Open Easy Static Raf Converter, pick your image, edit its position, save.

Editing Boot Sound: Open Xvid4PSP, select a music file, trim to 8 seconds, encode with AC3 640K settings, save once as "coldboot_multi.ac3", then save again as "coldboot_stereo.ac3" so you have 2 ac3 files.

Flashing to PS3:

Reverting: Simply flash the 3 coldboot files from the "Original 4.30.2 REX" folder.

REBUG SCORPION COLOR VARIANTS ADD-ON PACK:
    • Scorpion logo (PNG format) modded in 9 different colors, with face modded to be real PS button colors.
    • Pack includes Classic Rebug Scorpion modded with real face colors converted to RAF ready to flash to PS3.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (1.25 MB)

USAGE:

Editing Boot Image: Open Easy Static Raf Converter (from HERE, or my pack ABOVE), pick your image, edit its position, save.

Flashing to PS3:

See video posted above.

CREDITS:

Cyberskunk, TizzyT, Glowball1, gliitch, haz367, manster and of course blastleaf

Finally from coldlm: Tips on how to get your Games working on the new Rebug 4.30.2 REX

1. Replace your patched files by the original once including Eboot, and Param.sfo and so on

2. Delete any updates you had before and then download the new available update and install it

3. Some games will now have to be loaded with BD mirror on internal or external what ever your using on Multiman

4. Sn some cases your gonna have to loose your old SaveData for that game, like Tomb Raider, it will not work with the new Rebug even if you do everything above unless you delete your saves, sorry i know it hurts

5. And last of all some have to be reinstalled easy as it is

6. Very important step, right after installing your new CFW, update or reinstall multiman, because a couple of ppl already reported that mM is giving them problems with loading games after updating to the new rebug

7. Good luck and pls add something if you had a problem and got the solution!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    here is an other mirror (uploaded)

[Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if i'm on Rebug 4.30.1 and upgrade to this, will it work?.... or is it Rebug 4.30.1 and 4.30.2 REX still same?...

Thank you very much, i've been waiting for this.

freaking luv rebug rex

I dont get it. What will QA flag can give me? I have QA flagged long ago before an update from 3.55 to 4.21. But I still have no idea what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun123 View Post
    if i'm on Rebug 4.30.1 and upgrade to this, will it work?.... or is it Rebug 4.30.1 and 4.30.2 REX still same?...
    Yes, you can update from any 4.30 CFW to any other 4.30 CFW from the system update option in the XMB.
    I updated from Rogero 4.30 to Rebug 4.30.1 a week ago. Now I updated from Rebug 4.30.1 to Rebug 4.30.2.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    I dont get it. What will QA flag can give me? I have QA flagged long ago before an update from 3.55 to 4.21. But I still have no idea what it is.
    From what I understand, the QA flag simply provides some debug options in CEX firmwares which is probably meant to be used by Sony's technicians.
    Last edited by wolfpack122; 03-17-2013 at 11:30 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Reasons to use Rebug/REX CFW?

Just getting back into the PS3 scene. The last time I messed with any of it was when it was first releases and I had to use a Teensy++ to jailbreak my Fattie. Slim wasn't even out yet.

So I actually have 3 questions:

1. What are some good reasons to use Rebug/REX CFW over something else.

2. Do other CFW's allow me to play PAL Blu-Rays on the PS3, or is Rebug the only one that will allow that?

3. If I purchase a use slim that has already has CFW on it, is there any way to tell if it's been downgraded if the person selling it doesn't know? And if it has, is it safe to (if I decide to use Rebug) go back to OFW 3.55, then simply re-jailbreak using the latest Rebug/REX?

Thanks for any/all help.

Hey with all these rebug menus and modifications, isn't there a higher risk of being detected and banned on Rebug 4.30? I mean, compared to Rogero 4.30.

Which is kindda important to me. Unfortunately so also are some these Rebug features:
    • Temperature Display.
    • Backup or Restore the PS3 system settings from USB.
    • Toggle Recovery Mode on next reboot.
    • Soft (LV2 Reboot Only)

And I am assuming that Rebug Makes accessing them so much more convenient than the Rogero firmware. Of course, it would be nice to be mistaken and that Rebug is no more risk to getting a PSN ban. I mean staying in CEX mode, not swapping over to DEX or anything else too foolish.

What are the best tips to avoid getting PSN banned on Rebug 4.30 ? Anyone?
    Last edited by afzoo3news; 03-18-2013 at 08:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how to update from 4.30.1 to 4.30.2 REX? do i have to enable toggle QA again?...

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast