Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by KLAYPEX View Post
    Nothing new for Ofw 4.25 user.
    there never will be, if you updated past 3.55 with a sony official firmware then you have installed new revoke lists with the blacklisted 3.55 private key, so unless someone finds a new way to calculate private keys ofw and newer console will not be jailbroken.

sony fixed the bug that the fail0verflow team found in 3.55 by the way. they now use a true random number to calculate the private key. which means we cant use the same number to calculate a private key cause its different everytime but a e3 or a progskeet and downgrade.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    two questions;

1) any bricks reported yet?
    2) Does this firmware have custom boot logo? hope not.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well i sit and wait weeks for a 4.xx cfw for dex and then this comes along. couldn't have wanted more. Cex + Dex = REX , lol you got to love it, the ability to switch between cex and dex at will, without having to change fw is just excellent.

i semi bricked my dex when reverting back to cex, as i couldn't get the cex fw to install after flashing back to cex. leaving me with a cex system with a dex fw = semi-brick. this fw takes all those risks away. no need to change fw just flash cex or dex and thats it.

Rebug have outdid themselves with this fw, it will be a long time before anyone comes up with anything to beat this. i reckon they did 4.21 so they could save their 4.30 version for after they have worked out any bugs etc, so it will be a nice straight update for any rebug users when it comes out.

i could be wrong and 4.21 is all were getting. but with the extra features its got and the REX tag (cex/DEx) all i can say is this firmware blows all the others out of the water.

well done team Rebug and thanks loads, hopefully this will fix the e3 issues i'm having with my missing MBRs

PATCHED - VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files

Does that mean new PSN stuff can be played ?

yup

Question

does this have the function to load game's from app home as my drive is broken hope so

Quote Originally Posted by JOshISPoser View Post
    [Register or Login to view links]

this is all three firmwares. enjoy and be sure to seed so we get faster speeds.
    Uploading to my seedbox right now, will help seed for a while! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by G Sus View Post
    i reckon they did 4.21 so they could save their 4.30 version for after they have worked out any bugs etc, so it will be a nice straight update for any rebug users when it comes out.
    I would believe the reason Rebug did a 4.21REX is because of the bricking issues with 4.30DEX.

Well I took the plunge and am now on Rebug 4.21.1 REX. I'd like to post my install experience here because frankly, it has been a bit nerve wracking reading about the 4.xx cfw installs recently. System is a CECHK06, 80gig fat. Firmware history: 2.xx+ / 3.41 / 3.55 OFW / 3.55 Kmeaw / 3.55 Rebug.

My upgrade was butter smooth (yay Rebug!). I toggled qa and did the button sequence to make sure it had worked. I decided to be safe and upgrade from the recovery menu even though the instructions say XMB upgrade because I had PSN SEN Enabler Disabler installed and I didn't know how it would affect an upgrade.

After selecting System Update from the recovery menu, a message came up that the system was preparing for an upgrade. Progress bar counted to about 35% then jumped to 100% and the ps3 reset itself. On reboot, the rebug installation message came up and again progress bar counted to about 35% then jumped to 100%. One more reboot and my system was up and running. And yes, it has a custom Rebug boot logo.

I downloaded Sports Champions 2 to test and it worked perfectly. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to borrow my brother's NBA 2k13 disc so I can hit the floor!

wew so it came out T_T but i'm already in roger 4.30

so means maybe i have to downgrade from rogero 4.30 cfw then install this one??

and do you think it will make all my ReActPSN work again just like last time i'm on rebug 3.55.2??...

Sponsored Links
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News