Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think you'd probably want the non-spoofed dump in this case (the first one), but I haven't read anything about that anywhere, actually.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yes, you're right, i want non-spoofed dump from kmeaw, but for safety, i want install from XMB Rebug 3.55.3->OFW 3.55-> kmeaw 3.55 then dump the flash. Is it right ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I only have one question - when is Team Rebug going to release PS3MFW TCL files for those who don't want to convert back to DEX/use a retail CoreOS on DEX?

Banned User
    maybe never, maybe tomorrow

That's what I thought. IIRC PS3MFW currently cannot automatically handle newer PUPs as the format slightly changed, and will need to be unpacked, patched, and packed back manually.

That also still doesn't account for the spkg_hdr1 files, which are needed for it to be accepted by newer FWs without patches, but that's another discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by G Sus View Post
    how long did you leave it on black screen, i've got 2 games that the first time you run them they black screen for about 15mins and then start installing game data. for 15 mins it seems like they doing nothing then the HD light starts blinking , and 2 mins later the installing screen comes on. one is a patched catherine. the other is an unpatched game but cant remember which.

they only did this the first time they were ran, they all run fine now and have you tried using multiman to download the latest update and installing it, i find this gets most games working, although sometimes you have to delete gamedata first (not savegame)
    only left it about five mins so will leave a bit long thanks once again

Hy,

thats right, but the Softdump have a size of 236 MB and do not have the bootldr inside. (Software dump) This is good for make a CEX in DEX convertion.

If you want a dump for Backup and Brick protection (for a Flasher) you need a Full dump of your Nandflash (Harwdware dump with bootldr 256MB!)

Pls read Wiki PS3 for more Informations about Hardware and Software Dump

Thanks Vorlone very much. Maybe i found a way to boot to Recovery Mode correctly.

My way is:

a. Turn off PlayStation 3 completely (turn the back switch off).
    b. Holding down the power button then switch on the back switch (have a disc inside) and keep holding the power button down . The system will turn on and turn off once again.
    c. Once the System has been shutdown, Turn it on again and keep Holding The power button down (you will hear 1 beep first, keep holding) until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
    d. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
    e. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
    f. The Recovery menu will pop up.
    g. Remove any disc inside before update.

Banned User
    if your gonna leave a disk in id make sure its one with FW below 3.55 just to be safe

if you mess up and it updates from disk it could be disastrous if the disk is on 3.55+
    Last edited by G Sus; 11-07-2012 at 01:20 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yes, But sorry i don't know why i only boot to recovery mode just 1 times then can not. very complicated.

Sponsored Links
Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News