Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm no good at writing tutorials but I'll give it a go shortly and write it step by step of how I got it working.

Red Screen is when a important file is corrupt. It comes up with a red screen saying something about files are corrupt and needs to be taken to a technician. Just goto recovery menu and reinstall CFW. (Power off, hold power till it turns off then hold power again till the 4 beeps. Then the bottom option, Install firmware) Just make sure there is no disc in the drive and you choose the right firmware.

Yea the act.dat no longer gets deleted so all PSN games and DLC will work after reboot without any need for other things.

This is my first tutorial.

This is what I did and it works. ACT.DAT no longer gets deleted so all PSN and DLC now work without the need to keep on replacing the act.dat. I haven't tested this with a 2nd hand DLC yet but it says it will work. Will test that another time.

I'll do my best to make this understandable.

1, install devblind (or Multiman)
    2, run devblind or multiman
    3, run FTP or again multiman
    4, goto /dev_blind/vsh/module/ and copy VSH.SELF to your PC
    5, BACKUP VSH.SELF somewhere else. (I actually rename it on the PS3. VSH.SELF.BACKUP)
    6, install CYGWIN on PC Make sure you have the PS3tools installed as well.
    7, in CYGWIN run this "unself vsh.self vsh.self.elf"
    8, rename the original VSH.SELF to VSH.SELF.0
    9, with a HEX editor open VSH.SELF.ELF
    10, I'm guessing your on 3.55 retail so do this.
    11, find "4b cf 5b 45" change to "38 60 00 00"
    12, find "48 31 b4 65" change to "38 60 00 00"
    13, save file
    14, in CYGWIN run this "self_rebuilder vsh.self.elf vsh.self vsh.self.0"
    15, back to the FTP, copy that new VSH.SELF back to PS3
    16, make sure ACT.DAT is in the correct directory. /HDD0/home/00000001\exdata
    17, cross fingers and reboot PS3

If it does red screen all that means is the VSH.SELF is corrupt and you probably did something wrong. Just goto recovery menu and reinstall firmware. (turn off PS3, hold power till it turns off, hold power again till the 4 beeps, bottom option INSTALL FIRMWARE)

I got most of this from the first post but tried to make it easier to understand. Thats to the reActPSN devs and whoever else helped with it and the app.

I red screened using the premodified VSH.self so I did it this way and it worked.
    Last edited by spunkybunny; 11-01-2011 at 01:38 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the detail step-by-step tutorial! I will give it a try!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi, First post !!!

I have downloaded some DLC (WWE SvR 2011) on my OFW PS3. I then did a Data Transfer to my CFW PS3.

Now the DLC has transferred but obviously can't be used until activated. Is this possible using ReAct 2.0 ?

No offence to the OP but the steps in the original post are confusing. I tried following the instructions and installing the patched VSH.SELF (I'm on REBUG 3.55.2 Update 4) but after replacing the VSH.SELF file my PS3 just red screened.

So I simply re-installed the CFW.

Banned User
    Do what I said above but check the first post to get the correct strings to find when you hex edit. Use the ones for Rebug 3.55

I have tried and I cant get other DLC working but I haven't run reActPSN 2.0 yet. Will give that a go and see how it works.

Is this also for the fat ps3

Yes it is..

Quote Originally Posted by spunkybunny View Post
    Do what I said above but check the first post to get the correct strings to find when you hex edit. Use the ones for Rebug 3.55

I have tried and I cant get other DLC working but I haven't run reActPSN 2.0 yet. Will give that a go and see how it works.
    Actually after reading your post, I figure that I do not need to do those step to create the VSH.Self, because I am in 3.55kmeaw, and they have the vsh.self for us. So I bite the bullet (knowing that it might give me red screen) and go for replacing the vsh.self. Now that part is working and my act.dat don't disappear anymore each time I start the machine! Thanks a lot for your help!

Another question though, isn't this ReActPSN2.0 is supposed to do more than keeping your act.dat... I tried to follow the instruction to create backup of my account's psn files, and it worked. When I try to create the account "aa" and port the backup license files to that account, the account got rename to "reActPSN 2.0 1.rif 0.edat". When I tried to log in as that user, I got a error code: 80028c0b.

I don't know what that mean, but I can still log in. Also, the thing I purchased (actually it's the Mercedes dlc I got through purchasing GT5) is confirmed to be working in that new account (before it will not work in any other account except the one I activated with). So is the account created successful? What is error code 80028c0b?

Hmmmm isn't it the same with cod dlc activation problem? i think that error mean registry error... maybe using xregistry editor and change the value will fix the problem.

Change what values? Maybe the ReActPSN2.0 merge the new aa account with the existing license, and in the midst of it doesn't completely generate correct info. It's funny tho because I can still log in using that user, can I can still play games with that user. So I don't know what the error means. I also do search online and the only thing I find regarding that error code is like what you said: "COD dlc" ... But I don't have COD dlc.

Side note: also notices that the new account name that ReActPSN2.0 generated is too long. I go into that account trying to change that name, and I cannot even get to half the string length (the account name got chopped if you save it)
    Last edited by wwywong; 11-04-2011 at 05:19 PM

Maybe you right,the account has been merge but the user value doesn't change,you need real PSN account i guess.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast