Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

This is the tutorial I used...

How to re-activate all PSN games (incl.PSOne classic/DLC/MINI) + NOOB-PROOF TUTORIAL:

Now, I have read multiple reports on how it bricked some PS3s on other forums and such. By reading the readme, it looks super complicated but I've managed to get it working and made for you all a noob-proof guide, easy to follow so you reactivate all your PSN games in 5 good minutes. Are you ready? Alright let's get it on.

There have been reports of red screens of this but they are errors with vsh.elf and reinstalling CFW through the recovery menu fixes. I recommend using REBUG 3.55.2 as there are no issues with this CFW.

ATTENTION

YOUR USB DRIVE MUST BE FROM THE RIGHT SLOT (NOT LEFT)

AND ANY USB MUST BE UNPLUGGED. Only USB DRIVE FROM THE RIGHT.

First of all, download those 2 files.
    Download: reActPSN v2.0
    Download: vsh.self Patched

- Extract vsh.elf and use the one designated for your CFW or patch your own vsh.elf for your CFW. Once Again I recommend using REBUG for this so use the 3 files in 3.55.2.

NOTE: If you have any other CFW other than the one provided, or your OWN CFW than you've got to patch your CFW.

- Now, for the REBUG users, you've got to put your console into NORMAL mode first. Now, go download the latest REBUG SELECTOR if you haven't already. Open your console, go to REBUG SELECTOR, change your console to MODE: NORMAL - XMB: DEBUG. After, restart your console.

- Now connect your usb drive on the far right slot either usb_000 or usb_001.

- Next open exdata.rar -> exdata,
    Extract that one exdata folder into whatever USB Stick or HDD you use on your console. (so it looks like exdata/files and NOT exdata/psn146/exdata)

- Now extract ReActPSN2.0.pkg and install onto your ps3.

- Use MULTIMAN to write vsh.elf to dev_blind via file manager. You will need to enable write acces to /dev_flash at the bottom in settings.

- Once enabled go to /dev_blind/vsh/module and copy over the 3 vsh.elf files

- After done copy return to settings and disable write access to dev_flash. (overwrite)

- Restart the console.

- Run ReActPSN and hold R1 during the restart process should only take about 5 seconds. (Holding R1 will make a ReActPSN folder on the base of your usb drive with 2 folders in it "BK0001" and "pubPSN")

- The BK0001 folder contains a backup of all the users on the system. The pubPSN folder contains all of the .rif and act.dat on the system converted into .rap/.edat format. The pubPSN folder is the one we are wanting.

- Copy the exdata folder in pubPSN to the base of your USB drive. So it should looks like this in a File browser/manager "usb drive"/exdata/".rap files"

- Make a new user, name it ''aa'' (without quotations)

- Run ReActPSN again *do not push anything this time (it will rename user "aa" to reActPSN v2.0 xrif xedat )

- When it's done (won't take long) it'll restart your console.

- You'll notice aa has been renamed to something longer.

- That's it. You are DONE

- If you want to add more content to the account at a later time just add the .rap files to the exdata folder you copied earlier rename the user back to "aa" and run reActPSN again. Then just install the content you are wanting to add.

NOTE: You need your act.dat tied to the .rif to create valid .rap.
    Tested with FF7, Crash Bandicoot Racing, Final Fantasy Tactics

CREDIT: Anonymous (who I appreciate a lot) who helped me get it working, Hotz8611 (for the everything, from tools to exploit - all credits goes to him really.), thxalot (for giving more detailed explanation for the post)

the kiosk 4.11fw mod only has an install pkg app. it doesn't actually install pkgs as you need to resign all pkgs with 4.11 keys to work.

ReactPSN on Rebug 3.55 Update 7

Currently using Rebug 3.55.2 Update 0.7 CFW, but I cant find modified vsh.self file for ReactPSN to work. I only managed to find vsh.self for UPDATE 4 version of that CFW. Maybe somebody has it? Or that old vsh.self will do fine and wont brick anything?
    Last edited by ZerotakerZX; 08-01-2012 at 05:24 AM

ReActPSN v2.22 for PS3 with CEX2DEX and DEX2CEX Support Out

Following up on the ReActPSN v2.20 and ReActPSN PS3 RAP2RIF .RAP to .RIF File Converter updates, today Chinese PlayStation 3 homebrew developer eid0dex1 has made available ReActPSN v2.22 followed by v2.23 which includes CEX2DEX and DEX2CEX support among the changes outlined below.

Download: ReActPSN v2.22 for PS3 with CEX2DEX and DEX2CEX Support / ReActPSN v2.22 for PS3 with CEX2DEX and DEX2CEX Support (Mirror) / ReActPSN v2.23 for PS3 with CEX2DEX and DEX2CEX Support

To quote, roughly translated: The method is very simple to use, only to start the conversion from CEX! Recommendation: before the conversion must use memdump backup FLASH.

CEX2DEX: The suggested retail machine CEX brush 3.55K (measured rebug3.55 also can), press the arrow keys to run reActPSN v2.23 Right about 8 seconds C2D conversion was successful buzzer three times and automatically restart, upgrade DEX firmware can .

DEX2CEX: DEX brush into itskamel 3.55 version run reActPSN v2.23 and press the arrow keys right about 8 seconds, the buzzer D2C conversion was successful and automatically restart, upgrade the CEX 3.55K firmware can.

Warning: C2D not use machines convert reActPSN v2.23, prohibited the use of this method DEX2CEX conversion C2D when not set the QA on not convert. The only set QA is not set QA extra will beep10 sound bricked ready to downgrade dogs.

Measured 3.55k NOR machine, not networking does not insert U disk, do not upgrade DEX, only to convert more than 40 times, all successfully. DEX2CEX also tried 5,6 times, without any problems. If the conversion process crash the swappable power retry can no crash report of brick, the machine QA extra flag is not set the brick are CEX2DEX when.

Update:
    • QA extra flag, this version CEX2DEX forces set does not require users to set long as I remember not to touch the DEX environment QA on the line.
    • Read and write FLASH from LV1 call the complex to the simple LV2 call conversion a little more stable, a little bit better compatibility, also may support NAND.
    • This version is only recommended used in C2D2C2D, and do not recommend starting from DEX, machine QA extra flag is not set in the past C2D the, DEX2CEX will, like brick, or other methods.
    • The increased voice prompts CEX2DEX conversion was successful when the buzzer rang three times and restart DEX2CEX conversion was successful buzzer and restart.
    • Icon on the right text upgrade prompt (the next version will open automatically, this version also need to manually in DEX debug open This dumping core business on machine conversion success forced to restart in order to display the correct prompt)

This version has increased the support of DEX authorized, running under will vsh.self patch lay the key, after about 30 seconds and restart the arrow keys to remember patching L1 reload authorized CEXDEX Huzhuan. This version also forced on debugSystemUpdate and automatically create a 16 / dev_hdd0/updater/0X directory conversion once CEX2DEX, CEX under the various versions of the system upgrade file. Copied the / dev_hdd0/updater/0X directory, each directory copy a change is easy to remember the name, so that the system upgrade from a hard disk installation. CEXDEX conversion or to read the files on U disk.

Error Reporting:

Been 300,400,600 wrong version 2.23 dump what 16MFLASH, to rely on CD-ROM insert U disk, running 2.23 and press the arrow keys on the key, three minutes after the U disk there FLASH dump data. Memdump data in conjunction upload, download, together with the PM machine model to me. Need for a NAND the above dump the data, and who has the time, please upload a.

ReActPSN v2.23 Changes:
    • Add set QA extra flag when do CEX2DEX.
    • v2.23 Only support C2D2C2D.. Not support D2C2D2C.. it will brick your console if you never set QA extra flag before!
    • Beep3+reboot CEX2DEX ok, Beep2+reboot DEX2CEX ok.
    • Add patch vsh.self to support reActPSN2.0 rap model for all 3.41&3.55MFW.
    • Run reActPSNv2.23 and keep pressed BUTTON_DOWN about 8s, after 30s then auto reboot.

ReActPSN v2.22 Changes:
    • Add new type NP KEY to Triangle fix mode: 0x4,0x6,0xA,0xD,0x10(3.60)
    • ReActPSN v2.22 CEX2DEX DEX2CEX (untested 256M NAND FLASH)
    • You need to be on 3.55 with peek and poke patches to switch between CEX and DEX.
    • Run reActPSN v2.22 and keep pressed BUTTON_RIGHT about 8s, auto reboot.
    • Then you must Do system update to DEX3.55 or CEX3.55!
    • Dump and Backup PS3 FLASH first.
    • Test it on 3.55K and Itskamel's 3.55 DEX more than 50 times, all is ok.

ReActPSN v2.22 Features:
    • The triangle button to crack the mode new 0x4, 0x7, 0xA, 0xD 0x10 the NP KEY support previous versions only support 0x1 type of the NP KEY.
    • Retail machine reActPSN v2.22 and development of machines, a key conversion
    • Before using this feature, please backup your FLASH!
    • All work on the 3.55CFW and peek & poke DEX3.55 firmware.
    • Run reActPSN and continued to press the right arrow key about 8 seconds, the machine automatically restart after a successful conversion.
    • Retail machine can be converted to a development machine, development machine can also be converted into a retail machine.
    • Please upgrade to DEX3.55 or 3.55CFW.
    • 256M NAND FLASH models untested 16M models to test the more than 50 times occasionally crash, but no brick.
    • Please have the FLASHER tools first try, there are a lot of success without brick report the average user to use this feature.

Answer the following issues of concern with ReActPSN v2.22 in the DEX.
    • 2.0 features have the VSH patch.
    • Functions theoretically available 2.1 crack OFW. Of DEX some folder write permissions is too low, there is no impact not tested.
    • 2.2 features can be used in 3.55 (peek and poke).

256M NAND FLASH models untested 16M models to test the more than 50 times occasionally crash, but no brick.

This will only switch your console back and forth between CEX and DEX firmwares after you have dumped NOR/NAND, EID0 and converted your console to a DEX unit.

(You have to decrypt your EID0 dump to obtain per console key, then use the NOR dump to create a proper DEX flash and flash NOR to create a DEX unit, then you can install DEX firmware.)

This tool makes switches between CEX/DEX firmwares faster I guess, but it won't convert your console to DEX. I should have been more clear about that.

ReActPSN v2.22 for PS3 with CEX2DEX and DEX2CEX Support Out

More PlayStation 3 News...

reActPSN activate Full Game 1 Hour Trials?

Anyone know if reActPSN can be used to activate Tiger Woods 13 1 Hour Trial to be the Full Game?

I have 2 ps3's one is OFW with Playstation Plus & the other on CFW Rebug 3.55.2. I used PSN Download Manger to get the link for the TW Trial PKG. Then installed on CFW PS3 but it asks to sign in to get license, can reActPSN be used to make this a full game on my CFW PS3?

ReActPSN v2.23 for PS3 with 3.41 to 4.30 CFW Support Arrives

Following up on the previous ReActPSN 2.22 and 2.23 revisions by PlayStation 3 developer eid0dex1, recently gambaa has made available an updated v2.23 which includes support for PS3 CFW 3.41 through 4.30.

Download: ReActPSN v2.23 for PS3 with 3.41 to 4.30 CFW Support / ReActPSN v2.23 for PS3 with 3.41 to 4.30 CFW Support (Mirror) / ReActPSN v2.23 for PS3 with 3.41 to 4.30 CFW Support (Mirror #2)

To quote: Here is the new ReActPSN made to work with new CFW.

Download and try for yourself!
    • Hold R1 While running it to backup and convert your rif files to rap files
    • Hold Circle While running it to generate EDAT files for C00 type demos to convert them to full game! or to fix EDAT files for PS1/minis
    • Hold Triangle to FIX DLC self files
    • Hold nothing while running to convert raps on the USB/exdata to .rif files (make new profile named aa before doing this)

From snkysnake: REX 4.21 is a go ^_^ just did it, only problem with this I see is that when ReAct resets itself after doing its thing the PS3 message pops up saying the PS3 was shut down improper and it needs to check file system.

That takes about 2-5min O.o hmmmm any way around that ? If not, I honestly don't care its not that big of deal to me.

PS3 Themes for 4.XX CFW via ReActPSN v2.23:

From talibo comes a Fixing Error 80029519 in PS Store Guide, as follows:

Worked out a solution, to keep my protected savegames, trophies and fix error 80029519 while activating purchased game on PS Store
    Here's what i did using CFW 4.30:

1. Install Multiman, will serve as FTP server and file manager
    2. Login to PSN, and sync your trophies
    3. Create a new user account (on PS3 not PSN)
    4. Using FTP server go to hdd0/home/0000000X (your profile having error)
    5. Rename the profile that is having the error to /0000000Y (Y being any number other than the two profiles there)
    6. Turn off PS3
    7. Enter the ps3 recovery menu and Rebuild the database
    8. Activate game for the account, test dling/activating purchase game/dlc from PS Store
    9. Login your spare user account you created earlier
    10. With file manager, /hdd0/home/ (you will notice that there are now 3 accounts 0000000X (rebuilt database account), 0000000Y(original renamed account with your files), 000000Z (the spare account)
    11. Copy savedata folder from hdd0/home/0000000Y (original renamed) to hdd0/home/0000000X (new rebuilt account)
    12. Rebuild database again using recovery menu
    13. Login with your account, check if game saves are there, even test loading a protected save game in-game to be sure (Bayonetta for instance)
    14. That's it, from now you can delete folder hdd0/home/0000000Y or keep it as a backup just in case, no rush there

Finally, from joshuab comes a Beginners Guide to using ReActPSN for 4.xx CFW below as follows:

First off, I take no responsibility if this causes any damage to your ps3 or gets you banned from PSN, both very unlikely in any case.

Also this is my first attempt at creating a guide and I myself have started using reActPSN just a few days ago so any suggestions/corrections from more experienced members are always welcome. Thanks to PatrickBatman, godreborn for their insightful posts and gambaa for reActPSN for 4.xx CFW and the original 3.55 tutorial.

This guide is only for people on REBUG 4.21.1 or Rogero 2.03 as they already have the patched vsh required to use ReActPSN. ReActPSN is an app which can be used to activate / reactivate all your lost PSN content or to activate PSN games posted by other members.

1. To achieve this, you must first have a PSN account. If you have not created one already, do so. After creating your PSN account, activate your ps3 for this account. On the PS3 XMB, go to the PlayStation Network Tab -> Account Management->System Activation->PS3 System

Once your account is activated , go to the PSN Store and download some free content which requires activation. Just before you start to download the content, it will say Activating and then start downloading. If not, try some other content. This is required to create an act.dat file for your PSN account.

You could try:
    • Back to the future part 1 trial (100kb).
    • GT5 Scion FR-S '12 (game vehicle)
    • GT5 Corvette C7 Test Prototype '12 (as above)
    • Max Payne 3 Gorilla Warfare Pack (game add-on)
    • Max Payne 3 Disorganized Crime Pack (game level)

If you happen to find or know any other free content that requires activation, post it and I will add it to the guide.
    • Now confirm that you have the act.dat file for your PSN account.
    • Sign out of PSN and Open mM’s File Manager .
    • Browse to hdd0/home/0000000X/exdata (The x indicates the profile number on the system)
    • You should find an act.dat file in this directory.
    • Open it by pressing X on it.It should have random numbers and alphabet in hexadecimal form.
    • This means that you now have the required PSN act.dat file.Back it up on your PC as well.

After this step you are no longer required to be online and can log off from PSN/disable network connection if you wish.

2. You are now ready to install ReActPSN.

You can find the ReActPSN for 4.xx CFW here (linked above). Create a new profile on your XMB named aa. This profile is required for using reActPSN and run it from this profile only.
    • Connect your external hard disk on the right port and run it holding down R1 so that it makes ReActPSN folder on usb (and makes 3 necessary files to link PSN act.dat and ReActPSN; ReActSYS.key & 2 act.key).
    • Your PS3 will reboot. You may be greeted with a message that your ps3 was not shut down properly upon restart. Don't panic.This is normal. Press circle to skip.
    • Open mM's file manager and browse to hdd0/home/ (You should have a reActSYS.key in this directory).
    • Open the last 0000000X folder in this directory (This is your aa profile's folder)
    • Open exdata and you should have act.dat and act.key in this folder.

3. You are now ready to activate PSN content.
    • Create a folder named “exdata” on the root of your external drive.
    • Within this folder you must place .rap files for the content you wish to activate. .rap files are files which activate PSN content without containing any information of the original buyer of the content. Do not rename the files , paste them in the exdata folder as they are.
    • Once done, connect your external drive to the right most port on your PS3. Do not connect multiple USB device , only the drive which contains the exdata folder with .rap files.
    • Log in to aa profile from the XMB and run reActPSN (no button needs to be pressed if you have only placed .rap files in the exdata folder).
    • The PS3 will reboot after processing the rap files.This may take a while depending on the number of .rap files.
    • You may be greeted with a message that your PS3 was not shut down properly upon restart. Don't panic.This is normal.Press circle to skip.
    • You will notice that the aa profile has changed to ReActPSN. This also contains the number of activated rifs and edats. .rif files are files created from the .rap files by ReActPSN to activate the content for your PS3.
    • Create the profile aa to use for activating raps in the future.After this you will not be required to create this profile again.

4. You can now install the pkg file for the content
    • Now login to your normal profile on the XMB and proceed to Install the pkg file for the content you just activated.
    • The content you installed should now work.
    • Also if you are installing dlc which is for a different region than the one of your game, you may need to move it to the appropriate folder in hdd0/game

ReActPSN v2.23 for PS3 with 3.41 to 4.30 CFW Support Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...

If it checks filesystem then I cant do it as that kills my HDD. I'll give it a pass then.

The message on unproper shutdown was in previous versions too, but old FW haven't the feature of checking HDD upon that event.

If I get this message (not with ReactPSN), i just press O. No problems at all...

on REX there's an option to turn off the improper shutdown warning I'm pretty sure.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast