Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Questions about kmeaw CFW

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys, I am currently running jb on my phat PS3 with my TI84+.

I am considering installing CFW on my PS3. Questions that I have (in this order):

1- Do I still need to power cycle (turn off switch in the back, turn back on, power, eject) to have the jailbreak running?
    2- Do I still need the TI84+ attached whenever I boot up the PS3 for the jailbreak to work?
    3- I have many games backed up (3.42+ games) that I require the jailbreak to run. Will these games stay on my PS3 (hdd0/GAMEZ/) or will I have to load them onto a backup drive and replace the files later and/or back up the games via disc again? If I do, is there currently a method for the PS3 to read NTFS file systems?
    4- Will my currently installed homebrew apps stay on the PS3 (multiman, gaia manager, open manager, etc)?
    5- Is there any chance of my PS3 bricking, like with the waninko CFW? If so, how can I tell if my PS3 will brick or not?
    6- If there is no risk of the PS3 bricking, which CFW would provide the greatest compatibility and run the most games? Which is the most stable so far?
    7- What would be the best method and most noob proof method of installing CFW? From my understanding, I need to update to 3.55 OFW before installing a 3.55 CFW. Is this true?

Please reply soon, thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1/2: That is only needed with JB- method. With custom firmware it will already be ready to play backups/ homebrew, no need to boot it in JB mode.
    3: They will stay. The latest update of multiman should allow you to use NTFS, You can find it here: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...pport-arrives/
    4: All apps should still remain on the PS3, yes
    5/6: No, there isn't any risk involved with bricking with CFW. The most compatible (and used) these days is KMEAW CFW.
    7: Yes, go to ofw 3.55 first and then run Kmeaw cfw3.55 (if that's the one you want). If you cannot get it to run you would need to do it in recovery mode.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have kmeaw and multiman installed. But my backups do not play. I have tried to search, but came up with nothing. The manager loads correctly, but none of my games start. I have 3.55 kmeaw with multiman 1.16.03 (newest one). I tried lv2 v6 and lvl2 8 patchers and they did nothing. I even tried Rogero 8.1 and still none of the backups are loading. What am I doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the quick reply. Just to clarify, I can update to OFW 3.55 and my apps and back ups would stay in the hard drive?

Is there a guide somewhere that I can follow to perform the CFW installation?

Is there a guide to put the system into recovery mode?

Userix Have you updayed from 3.41? If so, you cannot use the modified eboots, need to replace those.

itzbilly It's a simple process: download the official 3.55 http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=4748.

Userix : ...plus you have to install the BDEMU-355KM.pkg. You do not need to run the lv2 patchers.

itzbilly : i had the same problem as you when trying to find a guide to install kmeaw cfw. What you need to install kmeaw 3.55 cfw:

1) 3.55 ofw
    2) 3.55 patched cfw (you can download it or create it yourself)
    3) Multiman
    4) BDEMU-355KM.pkg
    5) original eboot and param.sfo of the backups

p/s: this guide is for educational purposes only. i do not condone piracy.

userix: it actually sounds like your running into a permissions problem either download fix permissions and run it or do it per game with the newest multiMAN [R1]

Edit: just figured out multiMAN will fix permission for all games with start+[R1]
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 03-01-2011 at 09:19 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is it just me or was there no actual guide provided haha..

Edited just for you itzbilly, if this is not clear enough try the search button at the top of the page, look for Kmeaw CFW.

From Recovery Mode/Menu

1) Update to 3.55 ofw
    2) Then update to 3.55 patched cfw (Kmeaw (suggested), Wutangzra, Waninkoko: you can download it or create it yourself (download recommended)
    3) install latest Multiman package
    4) install BDEMU-355KM.pkg
    5) you need to have all original eboot and param.sfo of the backups for games to run on 3.55 CFW
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 03-02-2011 at 01:37 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh i see, haha I didn't realize it was ordered that way, I thought it was just a list of things I needed. Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News